P3P new monitor

Reaction score
I have a new Ipad 3 w/retina display that I am trying to get hooked up with my P3P. It has a signal, "no sim card installed", which I am o-k with, don't want to use it as a phone, but I can't get it to communicate with the plane's camera! All I get is the "how to connect" screen, can't get to the "connect to camera" screen. I do not have any problem doing the complete flight with my wife's Ipad. What am I doing wrong? The ipad will connect to the internet via my home router without problems.

I have a new Ipad 3 w/retina display that I am trying to get hooked up with my P3P. It has a signal, "no sim card installed", which I am o-k with, don't want to use it as a phone, but I can't get it to communicate with the plane's camera! All I get is the "how to connect" screen, can't get to the "connect to camera" screen. I do not have any problem doing the complete flight with my wife's Ipad. What am I doing wrong? The ipad will connect to the internet via my home router without problems.
Check your Lightning cable. Everytime I have had issues connecting to the camera, it has been a faulty cable.

Good thought, but I have tried four cables on it now, and no change. just a point, I don't have a lightning cable, rather one like goes into the phone, 1" wide. When I use my wife's ipad, which does have the lightning cable, it works fine.

are you running ios 8.0 or higher. Is it a ipad mini 3.
It it an a5 32 bit chip

I think that has a 32 bit A5 chipset, Not sure if that's an issue, A7 up is best
A6 may be cut point of working or not, I don't know.

Somewhere I saw a list of compatibility for DJI,Apple. I think member msinger posted it. May search the forum for it and I will too.

Best I can find, it won't work has to be minin 2 up a7 chip up.

I hope I'm wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20