P3p Mystery date on DCIM file

Reaction score
Hey everybody, not sure were to post this, so I will try it here and hope for some responses. I have a p3p that just started date stamping the DCIM file with the date of 12/3112097, 11:10pm. Yup, that's right. Back to the future. Funny thing is, the pictures look as though they were taken today, which they were. Not sure what happened. Just got my drone back from repair were they rebuilt the camera and replaced a few other parts. I also just updated to latest go 4 app, 3.1.34. Not sure if any of this is what is effecting the DCIM date. Everything else on the p3p is functioning great. Any suggestions on how to reset the date on the DCIM file will be greatly appreciated. I'm not even sure what puts the date on the DCIM file that I pull of the sd card. Thanks in advance guys.

Date synchronization is done by Dji Go app, and the app decides when it happens. I never looked at this in detail, though I would assume this is done on every start-up.

I am pretty sure you can't reset the date, unless you send a specially crafted packet to the drone.

EDIT: Now when I think about it, maybe the time is set by GPS? After all that's the only thing the GPS satellites broadcast.

Last edited:
Thanks guaddamage for your response. I have no idea what a specially crafted packet looks like. There must be some other way to adjust the date other than contacting dji. Maybe there are others that have come across this situation before and found a fix. I guess I can wait and see if anyone else sees this post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl