P3P motor swap from the original to the ones sold from B&H

Reaction score
There's a difference in the look of the motors and before I install the new ones is there anything else that has to be changed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're replacing your 2312 motors with 2312A motors, then you'll also need to upgrade to this center board.

The tag on the package says they are 2312, there's no A but they look different

It sounds like you might have the wrong replacement motor then. In the photo below, the "new" motor is a 2312A and the "old" motor is a 2312.

imageuploadedbyphantompilots-dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583

Do you have a pic of the bottom of the motors? The new is what came with my p3p and the old is what they sold me

If your aircraft came with new motors, and they sent you the old style, send them back and put the proper motors in. You cannot safely interchange the two styles without also upgrading the electronic speed controllers (ESC) which are attached to the main center board.

msinger thanks for all the info, just got off the phone with DJI my unit came with the 2312A and B&H sold me the 2312 so I just gotta go exchange them agains thanks a bunch!! Safe flying and Happy New Year!! Ttyl

If your aircraft came with new motors, and they sent you the old style, send them back and put the proper motors in. You cannot safely interchange the two styles without also upgrading the electronic speed controllers (ESC) which are attached to the main center board.
Why?

Thanks a bunch guys for all the info!!

New motors are a different spec and require a new esc, which is on the new mainboard.

SD
What's difference is specs? Have you compared torque- speed characteristic and load curves?

What's difference is specs? Have you compared torque- speed characteristic?
I only have the old motors. The new motors are supposed to provide more thrust, more efficiency, longer run times and a better backplate for mounting.

From above and research:
New motors are 960kv compared to 800 kv of old.
New motors provide 850 grams of thrust, compared to 800 grams of old.
The new mounting backplate is flush, as opposed to "legs" on the old motors

SD

I only have the old motors. The new motors are supposed to provide more thrust, more efficiency, longer run times and a better backplate for mounting.

From above and research:

SD
This doesn't mean that you can't use old motors.

From above and research:

SD
Opposite, the NEW motors are the lower 800kv.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj