P3P Model/Version/Release Identification ...

Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion around this question ( mostly mine!). There have been shells, motors, controllers, and who knows what else updates. Is there a definitive way to determine just what one is getting? Serial numbers, codes, etc.?

I am about to pull another trigger on a P3P acquisition (new) and want to make sure I am absolutely aware of what my I'm paying for.

I definitely want to confirm I am dealing with the new motors for instance. I know how to identifiy them by sight, but that's about it. Can't be sure what's in the box till you open it unless there are some other identifiers. Can anyone clear the murk?

Thanx

Check the picture on the front of the box to see if the motors are old or new.

Old:
maxresdefault.jpg

New:
s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• phantom-3_box-professional.jpg
    phantom-3_box-professional.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 2,144
Last edited:
Check the picture on the front of the box to see if the motors are old or new.

Old:
View attachment 54813

New:
View attachment 54814

Thanks for that. That will work fine if you are doing a store pickup. Buying on-line is another matter altogether as the pictures are often stock photo's etc. I was hoping to learn of a build or model number that I could make inquiries to sellers about.

It would probably be easiest to buy from DJI directly or from an authorized DJI dealer. Neither of those sellers should be shipping out old stock this late in the game. Or, you could try asking the seller if the Phantom has old or new motors. They should know what they are selling.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1