P3P Max distance and altitude settings

How do I max these out?
Where you set rth setting,1640ft is max for the software,,you will be prompt to acept flight so be careful,,if you take eyes off it you wont spot it again till it comes down lower,,,dont get in trouble and be safe,,not sure why you ask,sure it's good view but 400ft rule remember

wondering how to get my 4 pro to fly higher as well. The problem is trying to fly up mountain side. I DON'T fly a hundred feet over terrain but my altitude maxes out before my distance does and I can't go further. how can I change this

If you are using the Go App there is a setting in the menu where you can set your maximum height. When I try to set it above 400ft here in the UK it just warns me that 400 is the legal level but it will set to higher than this if I want.

Where you set rth setting,1640ft is max for the software,,you will be prompt to acept flight so be careful,,if you take eyes off it you wont spot it again till it comes down lower,,,dont get in trouble and be safe,,not sure why you ask,sure it's good view but 400ft rule remember
Got it Thanks

I am flying along a mountain side I need to fly up at least 4000 ft how do I do this.

I'm pretty sure that the drone height is "above ground", not above sea level so it should follow the contours of the land it's flying over.

I am flying along a mountain side I need to fly up at least 4000 ft how do I do this.
Two ways:
1. Start higher than 3000 ft, then relative height will be below 500m (as @cheddarman proposed)
2. Hack your firmware. But for that you need to involve in the hacking community, we don't discuss these kind of hacks here.

Hacked drones in mountains can save lives though:

If there were a reliable software adjustment to the P3P for altitude, I'd download it in a second. A lot of the areas I really enjoy flying are in the central Idaho area, and 500 meters there won't get you very far up the grade for pictures. I get why the limitations. If you're in flat country who needs anything higher, but in the Rocky Mountains and other like geographical areas it's a real hindrance.

I'm pretty sure that the drone height is "above ground", not above sea level so it should follow the contours of the land it's flying over.
It's elevation based on your takeoff point, so if you're in a valley at 1,000' and wanting to film up a 3,000' rock face, you're out of luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr