P3P - Mainboard Failure

Reaction score
A couple months ago, out of the blue, my P3P camera failed to operate upon startup. Everything else seems to work, however the live feed to my tablet no longer works. I've literally flown the thing maybe a dozen times.

I sent the Phantom into DJI, however since i'm 1 month past end of warranty they wanted $257 to fix it. I just had them send it back to me, and am trying to decide if i should try to fix it myself, or call it a loss.

Anyone ever replaced the "Phantom3_FC300X_MAINBOARD_V7_PCBA"? If so, where would you recommend sourcing the part? DJI, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

The problem here is that the value of the aircraft has dropped so much that it maybe better to take the loss. The main board for the P3P runs about $300 new. Then there is the labor of doing it yourself verses letting DJI repair it. $257 is not to bad. Did they tell you that was the problem?

Can someone confirm if the mainboard referenced is the central board in the bird, or is DJI referring to the mainboard within the actual camera??

Can someone confirm if the mainboard referenced is the central board in the bird, or is DJI referring to the mainboard within the actual camera??
I just ran across a couple of birds that had this problem. Question? Does the gimbal initialize and go thru it's start up sequence? You mention that everything was working except video feed. The issue I found was in the main video logic board. This is the component that the gimbal and camera hang from. The board that you place your SD card in. After replacing this component on both birds, they regained their video feed. Just something to think about.
I have a few spares here in the shop if you are interested.

I just ran across a couple of birds that had this problem. Question? Does the gimbal initialize and go thru it's start up sequence? You mention that everything was working except video feed. The issue I found was in the main video logic board. This is the component that the gimbal and camera hang from. The board that you place your SD card in. After replacing this component on both birds, they regained their video feed. Just something to think about.
I have a few spares here in the shop if you are interested.

I appreciate the feedback. I've already started parting out the Phantom and had sold the camera to someone on eBay... I guess i'll be refunding his money though... I was mistaken and thought the mainboard referred to the central board on the Phantom.

I appreciate the feedback. I've already started parting out the Phantom and had sold the camera to someone on eBay... I guess i'll be refunding his money though... I was mistaken and thought the mainboard referred to the central board on the Phantom.
I suppose you will know soon enough. It's not to say that there maybe still an issue with the main control board. All and all, I hope it works out for you.
Good luck..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31