P3P & Litchi Mission fly away

Reaction score
I have done several waypoint missions and never had an issue until this one. Startup went normal, load mission, start and confirm. Headed to Waypoint #1 and flew erratically then took off in a different direction unrelated to the programmed path. Briefly saw a message flash about connecting to the Internet as it sped off reaching maximum speed losing connection. Managed to hit RTH and it responded immediately and came back. Looking at the Airdata file am confused to what actually happened. As shown the actual flight was nowhere near the mission path. It changed to 'P' mode for some unknown reason a short time in then took off. It seems it never did activate the mission even though I confirmed it and it took off and headed to waypoint #1. Not sure of Dropbox link will work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 12.39.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 12.39.44 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 427
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 12.28.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 12.28.26 PM.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 388
  • closeup.png
    closeup.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 388

That works. Could you also grab the txt log file from Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord?

I'm not sure what caused the cancellation of the waypoint mission - it looks like you cancelled it. After that, however, the aircraft obeyed your stick inputs:

That works. Could you also grab the txt log file from Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord?

I'm not sure what caused the cancellation of the waypoint mission - it looks like you cancelled it. After that, however, the aircraft obeyed your stick inputs:

View attachment 111400

View attachment 111401
Hopefully I did this right. Truly appreciate your help and patience. Here is the .txt file and .csv file.

"I'm not sure what caused the cancellation of the waypoint mission - it looks like you cancelled it. After that, however, the aircraft obeyed your stick inputs:"

It appears the mission never did make it to WP1. I did not knowingly cancel nor did I see a message on the screen as I was watching the weird actions of the bird. I do know I did not do any stick inputs, just did RTH when it was taking off at full speed. Points B and C show it doing circles which I definitely didn't do with the sticks. Possibly the disconnect at 11 secs in cancelled the mission? I expect if the mission was aborted it would hover in place until further instructions. Was also mystified at the msg I did catch a glimpse of which ended in "connect to the internet" with me thinking "WHAT??? are you talking about? :). I made a manual flight later in the same area with a fresh battery and everything worked fine with no disconnects.

"I'm not sure what caused the cancellation of the waypoint mission - it looks like you cancelled it. After that, however, the aircraft obeyed your stick inputs:"

It appears the mission never did make it to WP1. I did not knowingly cancel nor did I see a message on the screen as I was watching the weird actions of the bird. I do know I did not do any stick inputs, just did RTH when it was taking off at full speed. Points B and C show it doing circles which I definitely didn't do with the sticks. Possibly the disconnect at 11 secs in cancelled the mission? I expect if the mission was aborted it would hover in place until further instructions. Was also mystified at the msg I did catch a glimpse of which ended in "connect to the internet" with me thinking "WHAT??? are you talking about? :). I made a manual flight later in the same area with a fresh battery and everything worked fine with no disconnects.

The circling effect at 67 seconds was triggered by rotation of the aircraft caused by rudder input. It suggests some degree of compass error, but the FC corrected it and it did not recur. You applied multiple stick inputs, mostly elevator, after that, including 30 seconds of nearly full forward elevator before your switch to RTH at 193 seconds. They are shown in the graphs above, so your assertion that you didn't touch the sticks is clearly wrong. If you look at distance compared with elevator input the relationship is obvious:

The circling effect at 67 seconds was triggered by rotation of the aircraft caused by rudder input. It suggests some degree of compass error, but the FC corrected it and it did not recur. You applied multiple stick inputs, mostly elevator, after that, including 30 seconds of nearly full forward elevator before your switch to RTH at 193 seconds. They are shown in the graphs above, so your assertion that you didn't touch the sticks is clearly wrong. If you look at distance compared with elevator input the relationship is obvious:

View attachment 111426
Thanks, Sar for the analysis. I will try this mission again and see what happens...at least RTH worked?

When I queried Litchi about a similar incident ,they replied that for one reason or another I had lost satellite connection this puts machine into P Mode . I have had no problem since. And have attached a Trackimo just in case.

When I queried Litchi about a similar incident ,they replied that for one reason or another I had lost satellite connection this puts machine into P Mode . I have had no problem since. And have attached a Trackimo just in case.
I think it probably did just that. Still have no idea why it took off as I did not do the stick inputs as shown in Airdata...gremlins, I guess. Going to try it again when I get a chance.

I think it probably did just that. Still have no idea why it took off as I did not do the stick inputs as shown in Airdata...gremlins, I guess. Going to try it again when I get a chance.

AirData has nothing to do with it. Your stick inputs were recorded on your mobile device via the DJI SDK. It's extremely unlikely that those records were incorrect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20