P3P Landing Pad Ideas

Whenever this topic comes up, we see such clever ideas. I still like the pad that @F6Rider made with built in lights for night flights.

Last edited:
Reactions: F6Rider
I just purchased an 18" x 24" x 1/2" polyethylene cutting board from a local restaurant supply store for $13.00. They have in severa colors, but I selected white.

Non-metallic, very sturdy, easy to clean, rigid, highly visible. Going to add nylon hardware for leveling.

Curious though, the price jumps to $50.00 for a 24" x 24" x 1/2" size. Maybe because a non-standard size.

@NoFlaWatcher,
Welcome to the Phantom Forum Party, ;-)

Enjoy your time on the forum.

Awesome flying, Happy landing.

RedHotPoker

An Upside down rubber door mat, it has grip and heavy enough for the tallest grass plus easy to toss under the GP case. I'm cheap.

Reactions: bobmyers
Hand catch solves all these problems really does!
Would be very cool for launching though!!!
Some may not be comfortable hand catching with one hand-- so if I am alone, I prefer to land it although I know some pilots have no issues hand catching with one hand and killing the motors with the other. So the landing pad is nice -- especially to try to keep the dust and crude out of the motors.

Some may not be comfortable hand catching with one hand-- so if I am alone, I prefer to land it although I know some pilots have no issues hand catching with one hand and killing the motors with the other. So the landing pad is nice -- especially to try to keep the dust and crude out of the motors.

That is true I always have a helper - or an innocent bystander lol. Most people are intrigued so glad to give a hand.

Usually I fly alone or with my kids (too young for the catching task) so don't feel comfortable hand catching without assistance.... Today I use the pad a few times and it was very windy so realize that if I install the legs and miss the platform, my flipping will be a lot worst with the drop. Will leave at ground level as someone suggested earlier!

Reactions: bobmyers
Well I have one of the uav bits pad I'll send to anyone who will pay shipping. Too expensive & to small a waist of money but like I said free if you pay shipping I'm tired of it hanging on wall.
PM me and I will take it!

Well you learn something every day had no ideal granite is magnetic but that is strange I have flown near enchanted rock close to Austin that I believe is the second largest solid granite formation in the USA with no problems.
Ok.. so you have another granite factoid... it's also radioactive :) and granite around a fire place/heated..even more radioactive.. magnetic? Not sure how much and depending on the Fe content/% probably not enough to matter...

I've been looking for a few days to buy a landing pad for my P3P but couldn't find anything that looked strong enough... Finally decided to make this 2 x 2 ft landing pad with some thin wood and bought two bottles of spray paint. I'm considering adding four 2-3 in legs to raise it a little from the grass. I just made it after reading all the complaints about people flipping on the grass. Would like to hear your ideas or suggestions.

View attachment 31297
that looks spot on. i would cut it half and put a strip of piano hinge on the back for storage and transporting.

I need a taking off pad, not too bothered about landing as I've adopted a nice Meadowlark Lemon technique for catching. Taking off from wet grass or mud is a different matter though.

Reactions: B- Scene Films

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.