P3P just beeping when powered on.

Reaction score
I've had this P3P for close to a year and everything has worked perfect. Today I go to fire it up and I just get a steady loud beeping sound from the drone. I've only tried relinking the remote as that's the only thing I know to do as I am at a loss to the answer to this loud beeping. I'm showing no errors or anything and updates are good. The live view shows good and it says it's ready to fly but it's not showing the GPS nor the battery on the display. Can anyone tell me what the beeping means? I've never had this happen before.

Did you attempt to install new firmware?

You didn't attempt to install a firmware update either?

Can you post a video so we can see and hear what it's doing?

I can't upload a video. I'll try a picture. The lights don't light up either. Just the loud beep.

I can't seem to get anything to work on here.

Attachments

• DSC01387.JPG
    DSC01387.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 318
That is what your camera is seeing now?? I mean are you getting a good live feed?? Cause there's no telemetry besides the remote and video!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. and the lights on the copter aren't working either. I'm upgrading the firmware right now just in case that might be it but I don't think it will help. Seems a loud beep like that would be familiar and someone would know what it means, don't you think.

Hey, I think it may be fixed. The firmware is about half thru and it quit beeping and now the lights are working. I had used a memory card that I forgot to format and it still had the bin file in it from updating another drone so that might have caused the problem. I did format the memory card tho just to see if it would stop the beeping and it didn't. I'll let you know when the firmware is thru and let you know if it's fixed or not. What had me confused is I just flew it a day ago and it worked perfectly and I think I had the same memory card in it then but maybe not.

Ok. I'm good now. Can't fly it tonight but everything looks good. I also had to update the remote control and it's doing that now. I think I'm going to be a happy camper tonight.

That's goods!! It's weird it tried to update again, I think the only way it would try is if you turned on the bird before the remote..

I might have done just that!!! It's been a frustrating night not even considering the bird. lol The remote is having trouble updating but I think its going to be alright. It failed the first time but I'm hoping it makes it this time.

I think when you do each one(meaning the rc or mc) you have to remove all the crap that is put on from the device, like the results.. I usually just check the sd after its done to make sure its successful, format the card, and start over with a fresh copy of the firmware to the next device.. No problems so far!! [emoji848]well at least with the firmware lol...

Everything seems ok now. The compass needs calibrating and probably will check the IMU. I'll try it out tomorrow. I've never had it beep like that before and I feel good that it seems to be ok now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj