P3P in beginner mode, first flgiht

Reaction score
Just wanted to get everyone's take on how long they flew in beginner's mode before feeling confident in getting off of it. Here's my first flight...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

never did use it turned off before I ever flew

Yes you look like a beginner :) You limited the flight range and height. Good that you were careful on day 1.

Have a few flights, practice turns etc.. Don't csc to land (both sticks down and centre like takeoff) as it can cause blowovers. Throttle down fully for 3 seconds to power down. You may be doing this, haven't watched your vid yet [emoji38] Best advice I have (reinforced today [emoji20]) check your flight paths ! Visually give your intended flight area's a check, look for anything that could pose a hazard and work around/away from it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the tip... Yeah, I really wanted to get a feel for the drone first so I made sure it was always in my line of sight... Trying to get used to the controls so I can do it smoothly... I guess more practice is in order...

You'll notice you think you were close to trees and stuff but you aren't. On the flight logs.

I never used beginner mode. I just did longer and further fights until I learned. It can be nerve racking.

watch some videos learn how to hand catch that way when you land cant flip it over

I had a hand catch incident not too long back. Aircraft didn't power down and it tried to fight me and I wrestled with it for about 10 seconds. I prefer to manual land.

if you hover above you then hit autoland soon as you grab it motors shutoff real easy

I never used beginner's mode either, but kept my first several flights below 150'.
Most important thing to remember is to keep above all potential obstacles until
you're more comfortable with the controls. It takes time to get coordinated with
the controls. Be patient... and enjoy!

I've done it a dozen times or so but I prefer to manual land. It's more enjoyable to me..

The risk at first is getting muddled as it turns 180 degrees and going backwards becomes going away from you.
You can't always be sure which way it's facing once almost out of sight, and relying on the FPV and app map is not always wise especially if there's no obvious landmarks.
So not a bad idea to have it fenced within clear sight while you get used to all the features in particular try RTH before you get out of range later.

Cool tips. Thanks. I've already tried RTH with auto land as well as manual landings. Either way worked really well. Yeah, having the craft pointing towards you and the controls being reversed takes some getting used to... I had to stop for a second to figure out the orientation of the controls.

Looks like you got it. Flying believe it or not is easy. It's being confident and calming the nerves instead of panicking when something unexpected happens. Always make sure the RTH altitude is set high enough in case you need to use it, that way it won't crash into something on the way back.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Whether if you want to use Beginner Mode and how many times you want to use it, it is entirely up to you. There is no right or wrong way. I used it twice on my first two flights just to have a feel on how my P3 fly in the beginning, then switched it off afterward. Once you got a feel of how your P3 handle and want to venture out further distance of the 30m/100ft, switch Beginner Mode off at your own comfort level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31