P3P - how to evaluate hidden problems?

Reaction score
Post-crash test after some repairs showed no apparent problems after using DJI GO for a modest 9 minute flight of 14' altitude and ~20' distance; both sticks were tested; and, the .txt file was evaluated in AirData with no anomalies.
However, I am hesitant to test the P3P at greater flight time, distance and altitude until evaluating for hidden problems.
So, my question is, are there software tools that go deeper than the free AirData to evaluate my last test flight?

There are no diagnostic tools that I'm aware of. You could copy the aircraft .dat file and ask to have it analyzed but if your test flight was without any issues I doubt that will show anything relevant. What was damaged in the crash and what did you repair?

Reactions: kyrvas
There are no diagnostic tools that I'm aware of. You could copy the aircraft .dat file and ask to have it analyzed but if your test flight was without any issues I doubt that will show anything relevant. What was damaged in the crash and what did you repair?
3rdof5 - thanks for the reply. Haven't looked at the .DAT file; not sure I would understand it. AirData info is very readable.

Damage included: gimbal base plate, all props, and one fuselage arm had several hairline cracks.

Performance at 14ft alt and 20ft distance suggests it should be the same at 1400ft and 2000ft (environmental issues excluded).

If you can maintain a stable hover and sensor readings are within normal ranges you should be good to go. The advantage of the close flight you performed is it should have allowed you to ascertain if there were any new/abnormal noises.

Did you perform the repairs?

Quality of workmanship (at least to the extent a failure from poor execution might eventuate) probably wouldn't be determinable from any log analysis, Things like poorly executed soldering, damaged/imporperly installed connectors etc (esp the main power/data connector).

Reactions: kyrvas
Performance at 14ft alt and 20ft distance suggests it should be the same at 1400ft and 2000ft (environmental issues excluded).

If you can maintain a stable hover and sensor readings are within normal ranges you should be good to go. The advantage of the close flight you performed is it should have allowed you to ascertain if there were any new/abnormal noises.

Did you perform the repairs?

Quality of workmanship (at least to the extent a failure from poor execution might eventuate) probably wouldn't be determinable from any log analysis, Things like poorly executed soldering, damaged/imporperly installed connectors etc (esp the main power/data connector).
With The Birds - thanks for your reply; sounds encouraging; I'll venture farther with my next flight.

Yes, I did the repairs; no soldering required. Overall, I am impressed that the DJI P3P could take the crash as well as it did.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4