P3P Go APP or camera problem?

Reaction score
I have a P3P. I don't have it with me so I apologize for the lack of info. I will overnight tonight so I would like some tips on what to look for.

It has sat for about a week, then yesterday, I pulled it out and powered it up. Full battery on the ship and controller. The DJI Go APP was working and connected to the ship. All was working except the camera was was showing a blank white screen.

I powered everything off and re-started. Same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mike

I powered up the P3P and the camera view worked. There were no errors of any kind. I then went to view the firmware stats and they say N/A. I noticed there are other threads relating to the N/A.

What's going on here? Is it safe to fly?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Mike

I had a similar issue yesterday with the white camera screen in the GO app as well, (Firmware 1.9.60, RC 1.6, GO app 2.8.1).

I was frustrated and thinking either my camera cables were bad or the wi-fi connection was not working,
either not being transmitted from the drone or not being received by the controller.

This first happened when I was out in the field or park, ready to fly.
While I had good aircraft control connection, my GO camera app screen was all bright white.
However, when I went home duplicate the problem and troubleshoot it, I couldn't.
The GO camera screen actually worked sort of okay, I was getting a visible but grainy camera image.

Finally I realized at home I was testing things in darkened room (shades down for coolness from the sun),
while the problem before appeared when I was outside in bright sunshine (I had an ND 16 filter on as well).
I checked and saw that somehow my camera settings had been switched from Auto to Manual (I usually stay in Auto mode).
In addition, the Exposure had been turned up to maximum. Hence the white camera screen.
After switching to Auto mode and reseting the Exposure to zero, all seems well.

Really a simplistic response but did you have the camera set to manual ISO. Is it possible that the white screen was just over exposed video? Check your cam settings

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looking a problem in hindsight it's easy see possible solution as simplistic…
Faced with a constant white screen for what seemed no obvious reason, there are a number of possible ways in which this type problem could manifest itself.
While my problem was thankfully easy to resolve, it first became apparent after a firmware update when the update process had somehow reset my camera/video settings from Auto to Manual and Exposure to maximum. Not something one would normally expect.
Initially I was thinking everything from a faulty update process or corrupted Firmware to failed components.

You guys were correct. The exposure setting was in manual causing the white screen. I have had a number of issues since I got the P3P. I have been able to find solutions by reading here. This was really the first problem that i could not find a solution to. Big thanks guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1