P3P Gimble and Camera bad

Reaction score
So the other morning I pulled my P3P out of its storage box in my car to fly. I went to start the bird and I get an error message that the battery is to cold. Take the battery out and put it inside my shirt to warm it up, added a little defrost heat to it from the car and went off to fly again. I get an error message this time saying the battery voltage is low and performance has been reduced, had 3 light and 65% battery on the readout. I only needed 1 snapshot from about 150 feet so started my accent. I got up to about 25 feet and it gave a warning saying battery low must land. As soon as I pulled the stick down the drone went dark and the bird plummeted to the ground. Gimbal was a little damaged but still in tact. One the two zip ties I had through the gimbal vibration dampeners had been snapped and 1 dampener had a big rip in it. Powered the thing back up after thouroughly warming the battery and no video image and top of the screen says "No Signal". The gimble does it's normal power up and all seems fine, after 20 or 30 seconds I hear the gimbal making a bzzt, bzzt, bzzt bzzt... and the camera kind of jerks then drifts, jerks then drifts.

Any suggestions for a fix? I have replaced the two short grey cables and the longer ribbon cable on the gimbal. Still get the exact same result. Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt... No video and no signal message with a jerk, drift, jerk, drift camera motion.

I figure my next step may be to order a $350 gimbal and camera from DJI.

Anybody know what to look at for a fix?

So the other morning I pulled my P3P out of its storage box in my car to fly. I went to start the bird and I get an error message that the battery is to cold. Take the battery out and put it inside my shirt to warm it up, added a little defrost heat to it from the car and went off to fly again. I get an error message this time saying the battery voltage is low and performance has been reduced, had 3 light and 65% battery on the readout. I only needed 1 snapshot from about 150 feet so started my accent. I got up to about 25 feet and it gave a warning saying battery low must land. As soon as I pulled the stick down the drone went dark and the bird plummeted to the ground. Gimbal was a little damaged but still in tact. One the two zip ties I had through the gimbal vibration dampeners had been snapped and 1 dampener had a big rip in it. Powered the thing back up after thouroughly warming the battery and no video image and top of the screen says "No Signal". The gimble does it's normal power up and all seems fine, after 20 or 30 seconds I hear the gimbal making a bzzt, bzzt, bzzt bzzt... and the camera kind of jerks then drifts, jerks then drifts.

Any suggestions for a fix? I have replaced the two short grey cables and the longer ribbon cable on the gimbal. Still get the exact same result. Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt... No video and no signal message with a jerk, drift, jerk, drift camera motion.

I figure my next step may be to order a $350 gimbal and camera from DJI.

Anybody know what to look at for a fix?
Hi sir. Bummer about the accident. Are you still in Colorado? As you know, using these batteries in cold weather such as you have there now can be difficult. Perhaps you should look into the DJI battery warmer or some other means to keep your batteries in a warm enough state so that they are safe to fly.

As for the gimbal issue - you did what I would have tried first. Look at the cables. I have seen many posts here about people who used third party cables and had issues which were resovled when they eventually switched to OEM cables. Did you use third party cables? That's something to keep in mind along with what others may post.

I hope you can get it sorted. Cheers!

Invariably the set screw for the yaw motor gets loose and needs RE-tightening and adjustment to make it work. Try it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Had similar issue with mine. The gimbal housing jammed back into the drone housing and I lost video signal. Come to find out, it had knocked the solder connection on the connector loose. If I pressed it down, video would come back and go away once I let go. It eventually popped off the circuit board completely and had to solder it back on.

As for the twitching, the gimbal motor probably got knocked out of position. I had this happen on another camera and this video helped me fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20