P3P Fly Away

Reaction score
My P3P had a fly away on April 23. Everything happened so fast that the only thing I could do was a esc shutdown after seeing that my bird had landed in a tree. Found it through google map and it was about 10ft off the ground. This was the 4th flight on my 4th battery. The previous 3 flights were flawless. After bringing the drone home I did a thorough inspection. Nothing broke, not even a scratch. Charged all 4 batteries, put on new props, calibrated everything and took it out to my back yard. Flew all 4 batteries, kept it close to me, moved it around, left it hover and it worked perfectly. Flight record for that last flight is attached. Am afraid to fly it any distance till I know what happened. Any help is greatly appreciated. Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-04-23_[15-49-45].txt
    106.3 KB · Views: 145
My P3P had a fly away on April 23. Everything happened so fast that the only thing I could do was a esc shutdown after seeing that my bird had landed in a tree. Found it through google map and it was about 10ft off the ground. This was the 4th flight on my 4th battery. The previous 3 flights were flawless. After bringing the drone home I did a thorough inspection. Nothing broke, not even a scratch. Charged all 4 batteries, put on new props, calibrated everything and took it out to my back yard. Flew all 4 batteries, kept it close to me, moved it around, left it hover and it worked perfectly. Flight record for that last flight is attached. Am afraid to fly it any distance till I know what happened. Any help is greatly appreciated. Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Your Phantom had a yaw error/compass error (they are more or less the same thing) at 1:01.5 and from then on it was in atti mode because of the compass error.
Looking at the speed and your stick inputs, it appears that you kept the right stick forward and the Phantom kept going as a result of that.
The usual thing to look into in similar cases is when/where did you calibrate the compass and where did you launch from?
Launching from on top of steel or reinforced concrete can cause the issues you saw.

Reactions: macoman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl