P3P Firmware upgrade.

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum and DJI drones. I've been reading for two weeks now and can't really come to a conclusion. I purchased a P3P over Christmas. It came at version 1.4.10. Took it for several test flights and it flys great. I've always been of the mind of updating to the latest firmware on all my electronic gadgets, but this thing gives me pause. After reading, it seems 1.10 is a crap shoot. Is 1.4.10 a solid version, or should I go latest? I know it's an old topic, but I am looking for new input.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If its working fine dont do it. I got lucky after the update to 1.10 in that i was able to downgrade the RC to 1.6 and it works fine again. I don't think there is anything in 1.10 worth upgrading to anyway.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That's where I am leaning. I'm just at 1.4.10 and am kind of in a conundrum. Haven't been able to find enough info to justify an upgrade. I'm just leery because I am at such a lower level firmware. It seems I am at a stable firmware to just forget about it, but haven't found enough info.

Keep flying until there is an obvious problem; even then, you don't have to upgrade to the most recent, you can upgrade to the previous to the most recent. But then, the RC unit may need to be upgraded to a version that matches the drone firmware. I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought a used P3P, older firmware, but it flies great, no problems. That's really the point of it all, isn't it, problem free flying; and, if you have that now, you've got what you need....

Hi all. New to the forum and DJI drones. I've been reading for two weeks now and can't really come to a conclusion. I purchased a P3P over Christmas. It came at version 1.4.10. Took it for several test flights and it flys great. I've always been of the mind of updating to the latest firmware on all my electronic gadgets, but this thing gives me pause. After reading, it seems 1.10 is a crap shoot. Is 1.4.10 a solid version, or should I go latest? I know it's an old topic, but I am looking for new input.

Do not do it. I upgrades and now drone will not start. Others have had this issue but DJI denies responsibility and want me to pay to fix the problem they caused my drone with their firmware upgrade! BE CATEFUL!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20