P3P Firmware & Other Questions

Reaction score
Just received my P3P & have some questions. Reading so much about fly aways, loosing power, batteries, etc... I am new to DJI & have concerns, want to ensure that this bird stays in the air. I wanted to upgrade so that's why I purchased the P3P. At present I own a Blade Chroma, have over 100hrs in the air without one issue. Right out of the box it was airworthy & has performed flawlessly. This is my 2nd P3P, the first one had issues & had to be returned. With that said here are my questions I hope to get some answers.

1. Do I have to update to v1.6 or can I fly it as is?
2. If I do the update to v1.6 does the battery automatically update as well? If not how do I do that?
3. I purchased a 2nd battery, will it update automatically once installed in the newly updated firmware on my
P3P?
4. If I don't do the firmware update does the 2nd battery update to the firmware that was originally installed or
is there something I need to do?
5. I have a Nvidia Shield for my tablet & it is a bit heavy (Wobbly) mounted on the controller, has
anyone figured out how to secure their tablets better?

Looking forward to hearing your comments, thanks...jp

Do I have to update to v1.6 or can I fly it as is?
No. All firmware updates are optional. The DJI GO app will display a message when an update is available, but you can just ignore it if you don't want to install it.

If you decide to update your firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

If I do the update to v1.6 does the battery automatically update as well? If not how do I do that?
The firmware will be automatically installed on the battery that you're using when installing the firmware on your Phantom.

I purchased a 2nd battery, will it update automatically once installed in the newly updated firmware on my P3P?
It will if you keep the BIN on your memory card. Otherwise, follow these instructions.

If I don't do the firmware update does the 2nd battery update to the firmware that was originally installed or is there something I need to do?
No. You must manually install the firmware on your batteries.

I have a Nvidia Shield for my tablet & it is a bit heavy (Wobbly) mounted on the controller, has anyone figured out how to secure their tablets better?
There are a few ways to resolve this issue. See more details here.

No. All firmware updates are optional. The DJI GO app will display a message when an update is available, but you can just ignore it if you don't want to install it.

If you decide to update your firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

The firmware will be automatically installed on the battery that you're using when installing the firmware on your Phantom.

It will if you keep the BIN on your memory card. Otherwise, follow these instructions.

No. You must manually install the firmware on your batteries.

There are a few ways to resolve this issue. See more details here.[/QUOT

Thanks so much, cleared up lots of questions. Pretty straight forward but just to be clear...If I decide to do the update to v1.6 I will leave the BIN File in the SD Card for the 2nd battery & it will be updated but if I decide to pass on the update I will need to update the 2nd battery by downloading the version that's in the P3P & put the Bin File into the root level on the memory card to update 2nd battery? I assume that the Bin File can stay in the memory card without any issues for safe keeping or should it be removed after updates have been completed? Want to make sure it doesn't interfere with communication between quad, controller, & other features of the P3P.

The battery that is in the P3 will update while it updates the P3, to perform additional battery updates, the way I did it (not sure if you need to be so **** like I did it)

I removed any files that got written on the SD card just to make sure (the only thing on the SD card was the .bin file then inserted the new battery and turned it on and the battery updates.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The battery that is in the P3 will update while it updates the P3, to perform additional battery updates, the way I did it (not sure if you need to be so **** like I did it)

I removed any files that got written on the SD card just to make sure (the only thing on the SD card was the .bin file then inserted the new battery and turned it on and the battery updates.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thank for your input....Seems easy enough

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31