P3P Filter Lens Recommendations

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

so I've had my P3P for about a month now. I have shot at 4k 24fps and 1080p 48 fps I really don't notice the difference to be honest but what i do notice is when i edit it is a lot faster loading working with 1080p and i am using Filmora to edit.

My question on this thread though is about The Polar Lens. I was reading reviews and what not. I am in South Florida and i get a lot of i guess its called the golden sun. Especially in the morning hours. I went out a couple times to shoot for a client and i get home and the video is just crab and flares everywhere. So i was thinking on getting the 3 pack PL, ND4 and ND8...Would this help. I really don't wanna spend the 150 for the 6 pack right now. And should i buy on Amazon or on their actual website or best buy i'm seeing the same price on both...Except Amazon will save me $10 but i'm worried about the batch because i seen there was issues with attaching the old ones. What are your thoughts?

I shoot in morning, Sunny Days, Cloudy Days and I would like to shoot at night some times...

Thanks for feedback...

I have the 3 pack and they work fine on the P3P. Early on, there was an issue with the threads not matching, but that has been resolved. If money is a problem, you can get Lee Neutral Density filter sheets for very cheap. You just have to cut out and fit inside your existing P3P camera. Doable, although if your not up to fiddling with it, get something like the Polar Pro series. There are even adjustable ND filters which work just as well and you get a bit more bang for the buck. Just check around as sometimes the adjustables can cause some vignetting(it happened to me). Depends on the manufacturer. You can get away with the ND8 on bright sunny days.

I have the three pack ,works great. I used a rubber band to help get a better grip on the lense to get it off.

Clearimageweb, you might need an ND16 for sunny days. Here's what Polar Pro recommends with their filters:

P3-Polar-Pro-Filter-Chart.png

If you decide to go with the 3-pack for now and find you do need the ND16, you won't be able to buy it from Polar Pro. You can buy just an ND16 filter from other manufacturers though. Check out my list of commonly used lens filters here.

Reactions: Lefty63
I use ND 8, 16 & 32 commonly, so be careful in picking up the right set.

I use the polar pro 3 pack with ND 8,16 and 32. I use 8 in the morning and evening and 16 most days, and they work great. Much better, smoother video, enhanced color, beautiful. I have yet to use 32. My understanding is the PL doesn't do much for video, but is useful for stills ( I use one on my dslr)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic