P3P fell out of the sky

Reaction score
I was on my 2nd battery of the day when about 30 seconds after takeoff my P3P fell from about 30ft up and 50ft away. It just lost power. Any ideas? I know the first thought is "was the battery installed all the way" Yes It was, I always pull on it when I install it trying to avoid this mishap

What was the scenario when you found it on the ground? Tell us as much as you remember. We love juicy details.

Welcome to the forum, Trainwreck, funny name for you!;)

Sorry about the crash, did it fall straight down? Were the props still intact? Did you get any warning on the app? Need a few more clues to venture a guess.

I think ACDC might have written a song about your flight it's called TNT or was it CSC
Yes, I see what you done there.;)
image.jpeg

It fell straight out of the sky. It hit the ground just about directly on the right rear arm the prop on that arm was the only one broke. The battery was slightly popped out. No warning from the app.

I had this same issue just Saturday. I took off using a battery from the flight the previous day. It started the flight at 55% and 21 seconds into the flight, the first 15 were spent hovering and getting my position correct before forward flight. Aircraft reached 41 feet high and 25 feet away and motors just shut off, all power was lost. Aircraft hit the ground on top of some tall thick weeds so that helped a lot but still broke the camera off and bent one of the land gear. I haven't checked for any other damage as I was a little upset it happened. I received no warning from the app and all functions were normal. Below is a screen shot from my flight log. If anybody else has experienced this type of issue and had a positive outcome from DJI fixing their aircraft under warranty please let me know.

I had this same issue just Saturday. I took off using a battery from the flight the previous day. It started the flight at 55% and 21 seconds into the flight, the first 15 were spent hovering and getting my position correct before forward flight. Aircraft reached 41 feet high and 25 feet away and motors just shut off, all power was lost. Aircraft hit the ground on top of some tall thick weeds so that helped a lot but still broke the camera off and bent one of the land gear. I haven't checked for any other damage as I was a little upset it happened. I received no warning from the app and all functions were normal. Below is a screen shot from my flight log. If anybody else has experienced this type of issue and had a positive outcome from DJI fixing their aircraft under warranty please let me know.

They repaired mine under similar circumstances. Is your discharge time set to 1 day?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sethmote
They repaired mine under similar circumstances. Is your discharge time set to 1 day?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Dotta how do I check my auto discharge configurations? Is this something I should be worried about? New to this sorry.

Dotta how do I check my auto discharge configurations? Is this something I should be worried about? New to this sorry.
On this screen. I would set it to the longest period because I wouldn't trust using a battery that's been auto discharged without charging it back up.

8fa171a101fa24811359d25602daa3fc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It seems a lot of P3 owners have purposely changed their default delay for auto-discharge to a minimum amount of time because they've read so much about the dangers of storing a fully-charged LiPo battery. And this has created or exasperated the fall from the sky syndrome. These partially-auto-charged batteries have a bad habit of turning themselves off mid-flight regardless of what charge is indicated.

There's an issue with flying batteries that aren't fully charged. It's probably a firmware issue but we are being warned never to fly a partially charged battery.
I tried to fly my phantom 3 pro with 3 led's on the batt. lit I no more got it in the air, less than a minute up when I got a critical batt. voltage warning and the drone tried to land a matter of seconds after the warning. I got lucky, I was over water when this happened and barely had time to get it over land after the warning. I personally will not be taking off with a partial batt. charge anymore. My thing was not knowing if the battery s are just counting the charge cycles or actually checking the integrity of the pack itself when deciding whether the pack is suitable for use. I didn't want to "throw away" charge cycles by charging partially depleted packs if indeed they are just counting the cycles. Nobody seems to want to answer that question at DJI. In light of what almost happened to me, saving a charge cycle is not worth putting the drone at risk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik