P3P fell from 70+ feet, but saved it!!!!

Reaction score
I was flying on a confined space, doing some boilers inspection. The space is 250 feet tall and 12 feet diameter. Everything was going good great, when about 70 feet, there was a sensor sticking out, even with the prop guards it touched the propellers. My heart stopped, and in half a second, decided to try and catch it, I was lucky to save the machine even I got some scratches, but the prop guards took most of the impact on the hands. Broke 3 of the 4. Luckily, is OK. But I don't think Im getting my bird back on that situation. I'm getting new props, and calibrate all sensors, just to be safe.
DSC06067-01.jpeg

Reactions: Reed L
Nice catch :) Could you see it falling or did you have to listen to it hitting the wall on the way down and catch by feel? I'm a retired Boiler Engineer myself and have been in the tubes enough to call them home :)

Nice catch :) Could you see it falling or did you have to listen to it hitting the wall on the way down and catch by feel? I'm a retired Boiler Engineer myself and have been in the tubes enough to call them home :)
I was looking at it at all times sir. We had some illumination, and saw everything, except for that sensor sticking out. Here's a link of a video I recorded, not from the job itself, but from outside of the plant.

Reactions: Reed L
i was flying in semi-high winds with prop guards a bit back with my p1 last year, and was near my mother
i was on my dock and was trying to land it for whatever reason because i was panicked and couldnt think straight so i didnt think to raise it up and land it on the grass
i asked her to grab it, and instead of grabbing the landing gear, she grabbed prop guards
she was fine, but she couldnt move a few of her fingers for a few weeks and she has fully recovered now

Reactions: bebeloneovvl
i was flying in semi-high winds with prop guards a bit back with my p1 last year, and was near my mother
i was on my dock and was trying to land it for whatever reason because i was panicked and couldnt think straight so i didnt think to raise it up and land it on the grass
i asked her to grab it, and instead of grabbing the landing gear, she grabbed prop guards
she was fine, but she couldnt move a few of her fingers for a few weeks and she has fully recovered now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl