P3P drifts upward after hitting bush

Reaction score
The props hit a bush yesterday while ascending and then continued up after carving off some leaves and twigs. Afterwards, the drone was flying errant with a strong bias to head upward when I let go of the controls. Landing was also difficult because it really wanted to drift up when it touched the ground. When I landed I saw one of the gimbal connectors had come off. I reattached it but it's still prone to drifting upward. The DJI app doesn't report any problems and all the motors and props look fine. If there's a problem motor, how can I identify which one?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since you said the problem immediatly occured after hitting the bush there is a chance you could have some debris in one or more motors. You could try tapping the motors upside down to see if anything falls out. Or, remove props, start motors and turn it upside down.

Just a suggestion... you may wish to connect a plastic cable tie through two of your gimbal rubber mounts. It protects your gimbal from being torn away from the drones body. Happy flying!

Reactions: nick59349
Even though you mentioned no visible damage to your props, if you still have your spare set it wouldn't hurt to change them out and see if that makes a difference.
Also, recalibrate the IMU and gimble.

Reactions: jointeffort
Even though you mentioned no visible damage to your props, if you still have your spare set it wouldn't hurt to change them out and see if that makes a difference.
Also, recalibrate the IMU and gimble.
I agree. Try and post if any difference.

I tried turning it on upside down and new props and one of them did the trick. I'll try the old props first and confirm it was the the former.

Reactions: jointeffort

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj