P3P - DJI repairs are complete!

Reaction score
Sent in my P3P for repairs to the DJI US office in June, just received notice that the repairs are complete. Crashed into a tree, broke the camera off the gimbal.. $192 is less than I expected.. :)

June 9 - DJI check-in confirmed
July 20 - DJI invoice received (below)
E. T. (DJI Technology )
Jul 20, 09:35
Dear Mike,
Please review the attached invoice with the due amount of (192.00). You are being invoiced for the following:
Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules: $8.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro top cover module: $5.00
CW motor: $29.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro Roll-Axis modules: $38.00
Ribbon cable: $14.00
1.5 hrs of repair time at $65 per hour: $98.00
Total: $192.00

Reactions: TnHwyman and AYA74
As a electrical contractor I wouldn't get out of my van for $65.00 hr;):cool:
For the tech work they are doing its more than fair
Pretty sure that's covering overhead, etc. Also, if the repairs were done in China, 65 bucks is probably the annual salary of the repair person.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Cheaper than what I would have expected if it were my P3P. Glad it didn't cost you too much!

(Some are saying they thought it would be more...if I were DJI reading this I'd up the hourly rate)
Which leads me to believe DIY repairs (if capable) could save you a fortune and time too

(Some are saying they thought it would be more...if I were DJI reading this I'd up the hourly rate)
Which leads me to believe DIY repairs (if capable) could save you a fortune and time too
Well DJI does read these posts and now they are raising the hourly rate. No more bargains guys and gals.:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: JKDSensei
I think the hourly rate is fair.. For me the savings came with replacing only the needed part for the Gimbal (Roll axis module @$38), instead of the entire gimbal assembly (~$500).

June 9 - DJI check-in confirmed
July 20 - DJI invoice received (below)
E. T. (DJI Technology )
Jul 20, 09:35
Dear Mike,
Please review the attached invoice with the due amount of (192.00). You are being invoiced for the following:
Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules: $8.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro top cover module: $5.00
CW motor: $29.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro Roll-Axis modules: $38.00
Ribbon cable: $14.00
1.5 hrs of repair time at $65 per hour: $98.00
Total: $192.00

Mike thank you for the thorough report, I now have a much better feeling of what my P3P invoice will look like and the turn around time frame as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj