P3P Crash. (Camera hanging by 1 wire)

Reaction score
Videoed the town at night with Christmas decorations. Tried to land on pavement. Didn't see invisible overhead cables, P3P flung at the pavement. Camera and gimball hanging by a wire, and the body shows gaps in parts. any idea of a repair cost?

I can connect to the drone, but no camera image obviously. Still connects to like 15 satellites.

Tears.

Attachments

• IMG_4469.PNG
    IMG_4469.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 489
It would be helpful if you'd post detailed photos of all of the damaged parts.

thanks for getting in touch. There are wires detached from the camera/gimball, and the body has 2mm gaps in a few places.

If you're able to post photos, I'd be happy to review them. Otherwise, I'd recommend you send it into a repair shop to have the damage assessed.

Here's the damage. Turns out the camera has no wires connected. Both ribbons off, just dangling by the shock absorber rubber. And the body obviously hammered. I think you can buy replacement body £50?

Attachments

• IMG_4478.JPG
    IMG_4478.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 453
  • IMG_4477.JPG
    IMG_4477.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 462
  • IMG_4473.JPG
    IMG_4473.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 476
  • IMG_4475.JPG
    IMG_4475.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 474
Only got it Christmas Day and devastated. I should have known to look out for wires but first time in a busy place and the pressure was on

Assuming there is no internal damage, you'll need to do the following:

1) Replace the Phantom shell (get one from Amazon or DJI). See this video for the repair process.

2) Insert the wires back into the connectors that are still attached to the gimbal (remove them first). If you're not able to reconnect the wires, you can buy a new cable pack from Amazon or DJI.

3) Reattach the gimbal to the gimbal mounting plate. You should have a spare anti-drop pin in your Phantom box. You only need to have two installed diagonally from one another.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj