P3P controller won't hold charge

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my P3P for about a month and a half, now all of sudden the transmitter controller just continually keeps dying when left untouched for several hours in the off mode. Not sure what is happening, but when I try to plug it back in to charge it flashes and looks like it is charging but the number of times it flashes is random and then will almost snap off and then back on while connected to the charger. When taken off the charger even after being left on for the whole night the controller won't be fully charged and only show 3 battery lights, and then eventually die after about 30-40 mins (even without being turned on). Any help here would be fantastic because DJI is being no help in the process so far. I bought the unit from Staples Canada and they are refusing to do anything to help in the situation. Would really like a quick fix because I use the unit for some work from time to time.

Hi all, I've had my P3P for about a month and a half, now all of sudden the transmitter controller just continually keeps dying when left untouched for several hours in the off mode. Not sure what is happening, but when I try to plug it back in to charge it flashes and looks like it is charging but the number of times it flashes is random and then will almost snap off and then back on while connected to the charger. When taken off the charger even after being left on for the whole night the controller won't be fully charged and only show 3 battery lights, and then eventually die after about 30-40 mins (even without being turned on). Any help here would be fantastic because DJI is being no help in the process so far. I bought the unit from Staples Canada and they are refusing to do anything to help in the situation. Would really like a quick fix because I use the unit for some work from time to time.
Sounds like you may need a new battery

Sounds like you may need a new battery

Is there anyway to replace just the battery inside the remote controller? It's going to be hard to continue working on drone shoots while DJI has my controller for 8+ weeks. And the response I received from DJI support so far was no help at all and they still haven't gotten back to me again. Plus to buy another controller is $590 USD and the CAN dollar is such **** right now it would cost me close to $1000 for a new controller. Anyone else have any thoughts here?

Is there anyway to replace just the battery inside the remote controller? It's going to be hard to continue working on drone shoots while DJI has my controller for 8+ weeks. And the response I received from DJI support so far was no help at all and they still haven't gotten back to me again. Plus to buy another controller is $590 USD and the CAN dollar is such **** right now it would cost me close to $1000 for a new controller. Anyone else have any thoughts here?
Yes, Im sure the battery is replaceable if you can get one from DJI. I just had my controller apart to install the DBS antenna modification. it is located in the bottom of the bottom controller shell. Didn't take the cover off to see the Type, Voltage, cells or rating. Wish I had looked at it when I had it apart. Maybe someone else will chime in with some more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues