P3p controller charging...am i being dumb?

Reaction score
Got a P3p but cannot figure out how to charge the controller.

Had one before and there was 2 cables came from the transformer - 1 for drone and the other for handset.

The charger that came with this only has one cable from the transformer which does the batteries and then a totally separate cable that plugs into the controller but can’t see where the other end plugs in.

Am I missing something here or is it not the correct charger setup?
CA851022-BC9B-4E17-B0F2-C04ACB136544.jpeg

On the right side of the remote close to the front is a rubber plug that opens to reveal the charging port for the remote. That charger looks different from mine but its looks as if the connector that plugs onto the battery also connects to the other end of the remote charge cord.

The cable should look like this: You have the wrong one.

CABLE.PNG

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Unless of coarse the larger plug, plugs in to the battery charger plug. Hard to tell from the image.

Cable 2.png

Reactions: Oso and 3rdof5
Unless of coarse the larger plug, plugs in to the battery charger plug. Hard to tell from the image.

View attachment 106600
This is what I also thought when I saw the photo earlier but as you said it was hard to tell. I thought to myself that maybe it was DJI forcing people to not charge the battery and the RC at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdof5 and Fly Dawg
It’s obviously not the correct charger so I’ll just have to get back onto the company I got it off on Monday. Pity tho as I was itching to get it in the air. Battery question now......what do the battery lights sho to indicate full charge?

It’s obviously not the correct charger so I’ll just have to get back onto the company I got it off on Monday. Pity tho as I was itching to get it in the air. Battery question now......what do the battery lights sho to indicate full charge?
It looks different from charger cords I've used, but I wouldn't automatically assume it's incorrect.
It looks like it clips onto the battery charger plug.
If it does, that should work just fine.

4 LEDs means a full charge.
In case you haven't found a manual for your drone, it's here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/20170706/Phantom+3+Professional+User+Manual+v1.8.pdf

Reactions: TR Ganey
On the right side of the remote close to the front is a rubber plug that opens to reveal the charging port for the remote. That charger looks different from mine but its looks as if the connector that plugs onto the battery also connects to the other end of the remote charge cord.
On my remote the charging point is on the front and it takes a micro USB I charge mine from my computer or plugin adapter

On my remote the charging point is on the front and it takes a micro USB I charge mine from my computer or plugin adapter
You have a P3 Standard. Not a ADV or Pro. The remotes are quite different.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31