P3P Continues in direction of travel!

Reaction score
Own two Phantom P3 Pros had same issue with both! First one during a flight about 3 months ago in 40 degree temp. Took off manually to about 75' then instead of hovering started drifting away. Not responsive to controller I walked towards unit eventually got control back I landed it flew rest of day no issues.

Last week second P3 pro was flying and I noticed it would start flying and after releasing joysticks it would continue in direction on travel more slowly than when I was flying but unless I reversed direction of travel it would continue.

Concerned about flyaways according to Airdata (healthy drones) signal and gps normal ! Any thoughts?

Own two Phantom P3 Pros had same issue with both! First one during a flight about 3 months ago in 40 degree temp. Took off manually to about 75' then instead of hovering started drifting away. Not responsive to controller I walked towards unit eventually got control back I landed it flew rest of day no issues.

Last week second P3 pro was flying and I noticed it would start flying and after releasing joysticks it would continue in direction on travel more slowly than when I was flying but unless I reversed direction of travel it would continue.
What you describe is the way the Phantom responds without GPS position holding when in Atti mode.
The flight data should explain the issue.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Where you in GPS mode?
Believe I was! came up GPS good for takeoff

What you describe is the way the Phantom responds without GPS position holding when in Atti mode.
The flight data should explain the issue.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Here's the link to Airdata info Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Thanks,
That should do it.
Its take somebody else to figure out any stick movements. ;)

Rod

If those data are incorrect then you were all over the place with stick input. During the only three periods of the flight when you had the right stick (elevator and aileron) centered (0 - 27.5 s, 52.7 - 114.0 s, 260.6 - 280.5 s) the aircraft speed dropped rapidly to zero. It behaved at least approximately as instructed.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks, for your input.
@Centrexdan ,
If you were using Dji-go, you can playback your flight on your mobile, and there is an option to show your stick moments, to a look at that.

Rod

@sar104,
Did you see the stick movements in the file via Spreadsheet, Dashware, Etc?

Rod

@sar104,
Did you see the stick movements in the file via Spreadsheet, Dashware, Etc?

Rod

graph_01.png

Reactions: RodPad
Yes, got to love the data. ;)

Rod

Thanks, for your input.
@Centrexdan ,
If you were using Dji-go, you can playback your flight on your mobile, and there is an option to show your stick moments, to a look at that.

Rod
I did and when I got where I was going stick centered yet shows continuing in direction of previous travel thus my issue

If those data are incorrect then you were all over the place with stick input. During the only three periods of the flight when you had the right stick (elevator and aileron) centered (0 - 27.5 s, 52.7 - 114.0 s, 260.6 - 280.5 s) the aircraft speed dropped rapidly to zero. It behaved at least approximately as instructed.

Moved drone to new position released sticks drone continued travel in existing direction but at a slower rate until I reversed direction

May need RC (stick) calibration. Center stick might not be zero. Could be stuck stick too where it has just a bit of positive but when you reverse, you clear the stuck slight stick position.

SAR 104 the noise (grass) between 0 and 25 as well as 55-110 and 260 to 275 was the periods of continued travel/drift sticks were released should have been holding

According to the GPS data the total drift over the 53 - 114 s period was less than 0.5 meters. How much drift do you think you were seeing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers