P3P Compass Errors

Reaction score
So I've had my P3P for around 3 weeks now,
And I went to fly it yesterday for the third time since getting it,
All I am getting is compass errors,
I will take off with safe to fly then I'll get around 200ft altitude then it will switch straight to atti mode and say compass error,
Then the phantom will have a mind of its own,
I will then have to fight with it and try to land it in atti mode,
I am worried now and don't really want to fly it anymore as this has happened since I got it new out of the box,
I have done all of the appropriate checks, latest firmware, rc calibration, imu calibration, and of course compass calibration several times,
There is gimbal issues too,
Without sounding stupid it seems like the phantom won't stop steady,
And like it's slowly rocking and swaying from side to side,
Is there any thing that I can do to get this working how it should ?
I never had any of these issues with my P3S
Or would you recommend contacting drones direct here in the uk to see what they suggest, where I purchased it from.
Any help is much appreciated please.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Are you sure you're doing the compass calibration correctly? That is, are you sure there's not metal around you, metal buried in the ground, keys in your pocket, cell phone in your pocket, etc.

I can't be 100% of all of the above but I will go down the back field near ,y house and try in the middle of there with nothing whatsoever and I'll report back,
Thanks

I had a compass error on my 3 Pro (And a very loud fan) from the moment of purchase. I contacted the people I purchased from who are USA based, I'm in the UK, they got me to post it to a UK address for repair, he changed the fan and compass unit telling me that he'd had to do quite a few and that they more than likely had a bad batch. Sounds like you may have one of these.

Now you mention it, my fan is extremely loud too,
I thought this was normal,
With having a P3S beforehand and not doing it,
I thought on the pro it was normal,
Appears not, another thing that's wrong with it,
I've had it 3 weeks now and if the company don't want to know then I'll just open a PayPal case,
This just gets better

Mine was fixed for free, although they wanted me to pay the postage at first, I questioned their logic, "Why should I pay to post something that you have supplied faulty" They huffed and puffed but in the end relented and payed it (It took a fortnight, but instead of paying the £35 it had cost me they payed me £70, 'close enough' thought I ....... LOL !!!

Here you go I've got different sounds now it's like a constant clicking and buzzing, this just isn't right, it's totally broken in my opinion and it's brand new:

It's ridiculous for a 3 week old drone, I've never used it properly yet, it's been out twice if that and both times I've had to bring it home early as it's been playing up,
I'll phone the company in the morning and see if they will exchange it for me as I'm within 28days,
Even if it means driving to Huddersfield from Newcastle then I will just to get it sorted out

Let us know how you go on, because if they cause hassle as you say let pay pal sort it out, failing that I can sort you out with the details of a good 'fixer' this side of 'the pond' (Funnily enough he's not that far from Huddersfield)

Reactions: Liam_89
I have the same problem with my new P3 advance here in sweden,the seller took it back after first "repair" and give me the money back. The "repair" they did was calibrate the compass.....idiots.... that could i do by myself!! Now i got a new one,works great!!

My P3P is back with drones direct here in the uk,
Update this morning they say that it needs to be tested before they can do anything,
I am expecting a replacement as it's not even out of the 28 day policy,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj