P3P and waypoint flying

Reaction score
Hi

I'm reading what I can from this forum but can someone please advice me the best way of doing this:

I have a job where I need to repeat the exact photo shots monthly for the next 2 years. The area is large and will need a few flights each time to cover all the shots required. My question is, what is the best way to use a tracking point or repeat flight path that the P3P offers to do this? I also will need to be able to save these waypoints or flight paths (for a few flights) so that I can use it for the months to follow.

Will the image be taken automatically or would I have to still manually take the image and what about the tilt angle of the camera, would that also be saved or again is that a manual setting that I would have to make the same for each image?

Thanks for any help

Download litchi. You can set "actions" on what it should do on what waypoint. Haven`t done it myself, but I guess it should work.
you have the following actions:
- Stay for
- Take photo
- Start recording
- Stop recording
- Rotate aircraft
- Tilt camera

You`re also able to set a POI wherever you like, that means the phantom will fly the route with the camera heading for the POI the hole time while flying the route. If you set two or more POI the phantom will have the camera on the nearest POI mark and then change POI heading if there is a new closer POI to it`s current position.

Or you can individually choose the camera heading for each waypoint and it will fly backwards, on the side etc for what you choose.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread Jase. I too am using the quad here in China for construction progress photos and video of a large hospitality project over a long period of time. I am very interested in understanding how I could program a repeating/reoccurring flight for the P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20