P3P and iPad air 2 sun visor

Reaction score
I was doing a shoot yesterday on a barrier beach with the Ocean to my right and the bay to my left and I'm standing on a little sliver of land I was working on. Pretty freaked out with the possibilities of loosing my craft so was really careful with the wind and kept my altitude to a minimum to get the right shots. But the sun glare on my iPad air 2 was just awful and I need a sun visor. I'd like to have one that's sturdy but not going to add lots of weight so I either build one with foam core or buy one. Done some online research and looked in this forum but wondering if anyone has suggestions before I start to experiment.

Thanks

Andrew

I have the same setup, P3P and iPad Air 2, and went with the Hoodivision Padhat Air and it works quite well, I have no complaints.

I built one using black, "disappearing grid" foam core from Office Max. I'll post a pic tomorrow. it works great, is light and sturdy. I used duct tape and velcro to finish it.

I'll second the padhat for the Air2. Mine works really well. Very happy with it.
It's a tiny bit challenging if you need to operate things on the screen, but so much can be controlled by the controller, including switching between camera and video, there aren't too many times I need to do stuff on the touch screen.

I've been using an iPad Mini 3, and have had serious glare problems. The PadHat helped, but still left a lot to be desired. I installed the DayVue screen protector from NuShield (www.NuShield.com) and am seeing a huge improvement in screen viewability.

You can get them on eBay pretty cheap. Both for smartphones and the larger tablet sizes. To me they look the same as the more expensive DJI ones, but that's only an observation.

I have not got my bird yet, but so far I'm getting all the extras such as gimbal guards, lens caps, filters etc, all from China, a lot of this stuff you can't go wrong, so why pay more?

On eBay in the UK (same as US), you can get them direct from China.

10 Inch iPad Air Sun Hood Sunshade for DJI Inspire 1 Phantom 3 Pro Advanced FPV

Nick

I've been using an iPad Mini 3, and have had serious glare problems. The PadHat helped, but still left a lot to be desired. I installed the DayVue screen protector from NuShield (www.NuShield.com) and am seeing a huge improvement in screen viewability.
Will be checking that out, have Hoodivision atm and it's ok. Like the look of nushield.

Hi found this old post I find the reflection a problem does dayvue help that ? Cheers

This is the one I use, absolutely love it
Look at this on eBay
9.7'' DJI Inspire 1 Phantom 3 Sunshade Sun Hood For iPad Air Tablet Anti-dust
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453343012.129775.jpg

I'm firmly in the screen protector camp. I tried a screen hood and had two problems - firstly, it wouldn't fit into the holder when the iPad was attached and secondly, when looking down directly onto the screen, the reflections were as bad as the sky was still right overhead. The screen protector (from Tech Armour) works exceptionally well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic