P3P 2.7k

Reaction score
Anyone have any results with the Pro yet using 2.7k. If so how is it compared to 1080p?

Are you saying that P3P is giving video feed to RC at 2.7k?

Are you saying that P3P is giving video feed to RC at 2.7k?
Wasnt adding 2.7k video recording to the P3P one of the main features of the latest FW? I have a P3A, so I dont know all of the P3P changes that DJI shared in the release notes.

Last edited:
Same here, I have P3A.

These days cost of SD cards has gone down drastically, why would any one go for 2.7 k recording if 4K is available?

Same here, I have P3A.

These days cost of SD cards has gone down drastically, why would any one go for 2.7 k recording if 4K is available?
What I hear mostly from people it is because 4k is harder to edit unless you have the latest gear and codecs, so people use 2.7k for smaller, easier files. Also, they still have the ability to crop or edit down to 1080 if they want and have it look better than a native 1080 recording.

Last edited:
What I hear mostly from people it is because 4k is harder to edit unless you have the latest gear and codecs, so people use 2.7k for smaller, easier files. Also, they still have the ability to crop or edit down to 1080 if they want and have it look better than a native 1080 recording.

All your responses have been spot on.

I was hoping to see some of what you just described, the 2.7k edited down to 1080p. My current laptop is not cheap, but it is just old enough that it's not able to handle 1080p @ 60fps.

I'll have to check and see if msinger has added any pc/laptop info to the phantomhelp section about 4K. I would like to see some kind of list of laptops capable of editing 4K.

All your responses have been spot on.

I was hoping to see some of what you just described, the 2.7k edited down to 1080p. My current laptop is not cheap, but it is just old enough that it's not able to handle 1080p @ 60fps.

I'll have to check and see if msinger has added any pc/laptop info to the phantomhelp section about 4K. I would like to see some kind of list of laptops capable of editing 4K.
I don't claim to be an expert, but I think it's actually not that hard to simply play 4k video as long as you have the right codecs for your video player and your system is not bogged down with malware. Of course if your monitor doesn't have 4k resolution, the computer has to down-process the video before it can be displayed anyway.

I think it gets more complicated when you want to edit 4k video. I would assume (not sure) that you'd then need perhaps more RAM, a decent discrete video card, and the correct codecs for best results with whatever editing software is being used.

Again, I am not an expert and have not personally tried to edit 4k. I am only speculating, so as always I am open to being corrected so that everyone has good information.

Last edited:
DJI's 2.7K doesn't take full advantage of the available bit rate. 2.7K is about 40mbps compared to 60Mbps for 4k. If they were actually producing a 2.7K output at 60mbps, it would likely be better than the 4K output.

For comparison, the GoPro H4B shoots 2.7K Protune at about 65mbps.

DJI claims that new DJI Go app, yet to release, will enable 2.7K video recording (not live video!) on th P3P too.

Reactions: 4wd
We already have it (on Android anyway?)

Ah sorry .. I'm referring to ios.. I don't know the status of android app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic