P3Adv/Pro Vs P3S Shells - Stress Cracks

Reaction score
I haven't heard much from the P3 Standard owners. I assume the P3S isn't that much different except the communication up/down stream methods. We know they share the same battery so good possibility that they share the same shell.

Now regarding stress cracks, just want to confirm the following:
1. Does the P3 Standard share the same shell as the P3 Adv and Pro? Same plastic feel? Does anyone own both?
2. Do they have stress cracks issues? Later release date means lag in cracks manifesting?
3. Does the DJI Go on the P3S have active braking?
4. The P3S is lighter than the P3A/P, does this mean less stress on the shells and therefore no cracks?

I want to know as I rather purchase a P3 Standard shell if its proven that they got a revised shell on release.

Haven't flown mine but 13 times and no cracks as yet and haven't read of any .Does have active braking and the shell doesn't feel slick like my P2 .
Is lighter because it don't have the extra weight in the back like the others .
Don't know what the P/A feel like but the shell feels almost rough .

I looked on ebay
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Body Shell LED Quad HD 2.7K

It looks the same.
The exception is the guide tabs on the motor mounts. The P3adv/pro have full tabs where as the P3S has cuts in the tabs.
Phantom%203%20Standard%20Shell%20on%20ebay.jpg

Haven't flown mine but 13 times and no cracks as yet and haven't read of any .Does have active braking and the shell doesn't feel slick like my P2 .
Is lighter because it don't have the extra weight in the back like the others .
Don't know what the P/A feel like but the shell feels almost rough .

P3 feels more matt/rough like a biscuit and P2 feels more smooth/shiny more like hard boiled lollies.
I am sure DJI worked on a new composite to try and skim a few more grams off the shell to get some more airtime.
I think users who swap their shells should weight them and see if there is a significant difference..

Hello all, I have had my p3s for just over 1 yr, and no problems. I recently read about people having stress fx in the shell, thought I better check mine.. to my dismay I found several severe stress fractures under one of the motors on the bottom shell. My phantom has always been hand caught, and never had any trauma to it. This seems to be a clear case of design flaw. Not sure what to do from here, everything I have read leads me to believe dji help center is horrible. Please give me some guidance. Thank you.

Hello all, I have had my p3s for just over 1 yr, and no problems. I recently read about people having stress fx in the shell, thought I better check mine.. to my dismay I found several severe stress fractures under one of the motors on the bottom shell. My phantom has always been hand caught, and never had any trauma to it. This seems to be a clear case of design flaw. Not sure what to do from here, everything I have read leads me to believe dji help center is horrible. Please give me some guidance. Thank you.
There are literally dozens and dozens of "crack" threads on here, but take a look at this recent one started on Wednesday that is still active. It might give you some ideas:

My biggest fear... has happened! HELP!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj