P3A Won't Connect

Reaction score
I bought a P3A aircraft only from DJI. It is a complete P3A but no controller or charger. I intend to use it as a backup for my original P3A. I charged the battery today with no problems. Than I tried to power up controller, P3A and DJI Go. Everything powers up OK, but the P3A never makes a connection with the controller. I have gone through the power up sequence several times, but it never connects to the controller.

I have used the controller just this morning with the original P3A to make several take offs and landings, so I am certain the controller and the DJI Go app are working correctly.

Is there something special I need to do to connect this controller to a different P3A?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim

binding new RC to P3P craft

on the RC and craft

check VSP light whether RED or GREEn

beside to the VSP light there is a hole , use pen and press gently until the light stay RED

launch DJI app , select menu remote , select LINK

Follow on screen instruction.

by now new craft already linked with RC

done.

Sent from my iPhone SE using Tapatalk

Reactions: hawkeye62
Note that one controller can be linked to one phantom at any time. You can't control two phantoms at a time with one controller.

Reactions: hawkeye62
concurred with #alokbhargava

Sent from my iPhone SE using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! :) This will get me going in the right direction. I also remember that there is some sort of registration procedure where the P3A is named. I also just realized that I have my Nvidia K1 in airplane mode, no wifi. :oops:

Well, back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Best regards, Jim

Thanks guys! :) This will get me going in the right direction. I also remember that there is some sort of registration procedure where the P3A is named. I also just realized that I have my Nvidia K1 in airplane mode, no wifi. :oops:

Well, back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Best regards, Jim
Since the name can never be changed, don't forget to go slow when doing the naming so you don't miss it or save a typo. Good luck sir!

Since the name can never be changed, don't forget to go slow when doing the naming so you don't miss it or save a typo. Good luck sir!
Good point.

I don't think I ever "registered" my P3A. Don't remember naming it for sure.
Works fine, upgraded FW etc, fine.
How do I know?

Go to DJI GO app , connect to aircraft, enter Me tab and look around on top

Update: Everything OK. I went through the same sequence of events as with my original P3A. I am going to do a test flight as soon as it quits raining. Then it goes back in the box for backup. The original P3A is working perfectly following repairs from a crash.

Best regards, Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav