P3A with 4K Camera

Jagman, as one noob to another: I have not tried to lens correct video yet. It is on my 'to do' list for the weekend. Adobe Help says the video needs to be converted to a Smart Object first. To be honest have some doubts it will be worth the effort. I only notice the lens distortion when I do a pan shot, or make a digital zoom towards the edge of a shot.
Also the correction can only work by effectively stretching the contents of some pixels (and shrinking some others). Some pixels will be blurred into the 8 surrounding pixels. So it must create some reduction in resolution. Not a problem with the high still photo resolution. But could be with HD video frames. Hypothetical cos I've not tried it or looked up what others have already done.
Something to look out for is not to confuse lens distortion with natural perspective! I had a shot flying over a plantation of leafless trees. The trunks were very clearly at angles at the edges of the frame. Not normally seeing trees from that angle they looked strange. But applying the lens correction did almost nothing to change this, because the angles were due to perspective, not lens defect.
Maybe we can exchange notes once we've tried Photoshop lens correction of video. I am sure the processing is going to be very heavy and sloow!

Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4