P3A windsurfer

J&L

Reaction score
Looking for a link to buy one for a P3A. Also which is better the copper or aluminum?

Technically aluminum should be good enough. Copper doesn't make it any better. It is design and manufacturing that gets you a better windsurfer not the metal.

Search on amazon or ebay, i got me an aluminum for like $15 and it works pretty good

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

These are sold many places. For example -- TACO-RC, SKYREAT, or Perl Trading on eBay. The type of metal doesn't seem to make a difference. You could even build your own:

Bought a 3D printed from ebay for USD 7.00 including free shipping. It's awesome. Increased my range by 60%.
You are very lucky to see 60% increase in range. Do you see it over water? I never noticed such a substantial "increase" except that windsurfer keeps my antennas vertical all the time and that ensures good communication.

I've seen some people with there antennas in a "V" or should they be like "ll"

Reactions: stoneyb245
You are very lucky to see 60% increase in range. Do you see it over water? I never noticed such a substantial "increase" except that windsurfer keeps my antennas vertical all the time and that ensures good communication.

No have not used it over water so far. Over water all stock two weeks ago I went 2000 meters. Full signal with only 1-2 low video transmission warnings.
With the parabolic mirrors I have try so far on an urban area where I was usually getting low signal warnings at about 1500 meters. With the mirrors I have gone 2500 meters with no warnings or losses. I only return because I was afraid for the battery life.

Meh. Its ok. The way that one works out you have to sand it to get a clean surface for the aluminum. The one I linked to prints vertically so the surface is GTG right off the printer. Less futzing around with clean up. Couple screws and you are off.

Meh. Its ok. The way that one works out you have to sand it to get a clean surface for the aluminum. The one I linked to prints vertically so the surface is GTG right off the printer. Less futzing around with clean up. Couple screws and you are off.
I actually printed yours out, its ok but to much work.
My printer did a much better job than the authors picture did and needed very little clean up,
also its much more solid and easier to take on/off.
To each his own!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj