P3A vs P3P screen cam issue

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can any of you think what this might be issue? app issue, hardware or need firmware update?

The Phantom 3 advanced gimbal has be repaired and replace new mainboard everything worked good with no issue.
phantom 3 advanced

The Phantom 3 Professional same at the above and it worked BUT why the camera feeding so bad like at 10 fps?? normally like 720p 25fps on the screen. The memory card record is good at 1080p, 2.7k and 4k 25fps no problem. I cant get this drone to fly with 10fps on the screen. : /
phantom 3 pro

Hey guys,

Can any of you think what this might be issue? app issue, hardware or need firmware update?

The Phantom 3 advanced gimbal has be repaired and replace new mainboard everything worked good with no issue.
phantom 3 advanced

The Phantom 3 Professional same at the above and it worked BUT why the camera feeding so bad like at 10 fps?? normally like 720p 25fps on the screen. The memory card record is good at 1080p, 2.7k and 4k 25fps no problem. I cant get this drone to fly with 10fps on the screen. : /
phantom 3 pro
It's hard to make a guess with so little info, but one thing came to mind.

We have seen a couple of people post here over the years that their FPV worked perfectly with the P3S and the P3A (which use a very low downlink bitrate) but that even with the same mobile device their FPV stuttered when using a P3P (which uses a much higher downlink bitrate).

Perhaps try to lower the downlink bitrate (Image Transmission Setting) of your P3P to something less than 10Mbps using the slider and see if your FPV gets smoother. Maybe try 4Mbps. [Note that with a P3A, changing this setting does not actually change anything. It always has a max of 2Mbps.]

Try that, or try a more powerful mobile device which can handle the higher downlink bitrate of a P3P.

Note: I do see that in one of your older posts you mention Sydney. Keep in mind that not all regions allow for custom settings of channels / transmission quality. If you are not able to switch from auto to custom in your region and you want to try it anyway, you'll need to read about how to enable that ability in your area with a common work around involving your mobile device region setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I looked at the videos.

In Ph3 Adv video, I see ISO400 and shutter at 1/50 - which means image is only little smudged and it is possible to generate up to 50 frames.

In Ph3 Pro video, I see ISO200 and shutter at 1/25. This gives the same overall brightness, but 1/25 of a sec is quite low and smudging (hm, is this a correct word?) is visible. Also, you can't have 50 fps in 1/25 sec shutter. There is not enough seconds in a second.

There is a legitimate issue in Ph3 Pro which causes the video to be 8fps. It is quite rare though, and mostly concerns gimbals which were repaired. It is caused by encryption pairing fail. But this is not the issue you have here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31