P3A-Video stuttering or non exixtent at times

Reaction score
So today took my P3A to a park.
There were several set of power lines approx 1000 feet away from me.
Everything was fine. Several flights and assisted landings with no issues.
What I did notice was the video from the Phantom to my Ipad was choppy and even for brief periods non existent which worried me as I was up 220 odd feet.
All video from the vehicle from the onboard sd card is fine.
Any explanation of the cause? Did I have the antennas placed wrong? What is the correct placement of the antennas? Were the power lines to blame?

Thanks!!

Were you in a hot area? If an iPad Mini, it may have been overheating. Air 2 also could overheat, but is much less likely. iPads are spec'd to 95F max operating temp, but since the Air 2 is less taxed by the pilot app, it tends to hold up much better in heat but could still overheat if pushed too hard.

Reactions: JoBe
Yes I do have a iPad Mini with a black case on it.
I will fly tonite and see how it is.
I would definitely take it out of the case. Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe
Were you in a hot area? If an iPad Mini, it may have been overheating. Air 2 also could overheat, but is much less likely. iPads are spec'd to 95F max operating temp, but since the Air 2 is less taxed by the pilot app, it tends to hold up much better in heat but could still overheat if pushed too hard.
You might have solved my problem. Twice now I've had the POV on my Mini 3 start pixelating and having a long time lag. So long that on a 15 minute flight I could only compose and shoot 3 still photos, Both times it was late afternoon on a hot day. That evening I would fly and try to recreate the problem, but everything would work perfect. But, I was under the overhang of a deck and in a cool breeze. I wonder if others are having the pixelation problem in hot weather.

Reactions: Oso
You might have solved my problem. Twice now I've had the POV on my Mini 3 start pixelating and having a long time lag. So long that on a 15 minute flight I could only compose and shoot 3 still photos, Both times it was late afternoon on a hot day. That evening I would fly and try to recreate the problem, but everything would work perfect. But, I was under the overhang of a deck and in a cool breeze. I wonder if others are having the pixelation problem in hot weather.
I am with ios-- flickering , brief signal loss-- cool it off after a flight in the AC in the truck and then I get a bout five minutes of good video reception on a hot day in the sun.. If I can stand in the shade those issues dissappers.

Yes, it is very common to have issues when flying in hot weather. The pilot app is a resource hog. Some phones/tablets may show as compatible, but they still overheat if underpowered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj