P3A up and running with few problems

Reaction score
I got everything running finally after running the new firmware into the ground trying to get the camera to work. I kept getting the "camera needs upgrade" message that I tried reading about here. It may be a battery problem but at this time after downgrading to 1.3.2... I have it running and making great video finally. I was able to fly with the 1.04... Update but it had a bad camera glitch and couldn't even take a photo. The camera was constantly changing itself from camera to video every time I pushed the button. Basically the camera was lost. So after downgrading, I loaded the old firmware onto the other battery and everything works great :) But... When I bought it, it came with 3 - 64gig cards and one was stuck into a bad card reader, so... That one is giving an unrecognizable error message along with another of the 3. They were supposedly free from the company but still. So I have a battery that won't work and 2 sd cards but the good news is that I I do have it running with the battery that came with it. I will be calling the company to see what they want to do tomorrow as far as the stuff goes but hey, I'm happy and finally shooting the footage.
I've read where others have had the camera upgrade error and thought this might help as a beginning solution for some. My only question is - is the battery really bad? It has the 1.4... Update on it but flew fine. So if anyone has come up with a solution to this please let me know. As of right now, I will be ordering 2 new batteries and a quick charger because I am having a blast. 1 battery working just doesn't cut it.

After reading that the new revision by DJI to the 1.04... update has fixed the "camera needs updating" problem that a few of us have had, I'm still going to stick with 1.3.2... until I get another battery because, and here's my take on updates - if everything is working perfectly right now, there is no need to update anything every time a new one comes out. With all of the different phones and tablets being used out there, to me it seems that DJI is having a lot of firmware issues because one upgrade isn't working for everything that's on the market. For me, I'm using a Samsung Note 3 and it works fine. When I first bought it the 1.3.2... worked just fine and I flew it once and then updated to the 1.4... and into the problems... So what I am saying is that well known saying, " if it ain't broke, don't fix it", because what works for one phone or tablet, obviously won't work for all. Last month a few of the Apple guys were having problems and the 1.4... update fixed theirs. So when you have a perfect working Phantom, until you upgrade to a different monitor, don't upgrade anything.
Then here's another reason to keep all of the upgrades in a file. As new laws or upgrades might actually start down grading, like with the "No Fly Zones" updates, a lot of the places that a person does fly in that it works just fine and is legal, may not work in the future. There's an Airforce Base down the street from where I am today, so I used common sense. The P3 started and worked fine and I was able to fly up the Pacific Coast away from the Air Base. I have no need to fly towards it and possibly down my P3 some where in the woods, so why do I want "No Fly Zone" rules imposed on me? It's up to me, to know where I am flying, so the update that put in the " No Fly Zones" was a huge downgrade for a lot of people that had a lot of impact because now, even old abandoned air fields that some people flew in and are safe, are no longer useable.
I know I'm hooked :) it's 3am and I'm ready to fly.

Then here's another reason to keep all of the upgrades in a file. As new laws or upgrades might actually start down grading, like with the "No Fly Zones" updates, a lot of the places that a person does fly in that it works just fine and is legal, may not work in the future.
Except that NFZ's are now added via a background service on your device and not by firmware update.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik