p3A take off flew itself and crashed

Reaction score
Hi there. I have another issue to highlight. Maybe this related to the 1st issue. Last nite i decided to discharge. Since the stock battery i suspect problem i hover as close as i can so that anything happened it will crash softly.reach to 30% level low warning so it prompt me to return home. So i cancel it.but it insists to land on its own....so i hover again and as the battery reach to 12% i land the craft and let the motors running at 10%.i was waiting to reach 8% to turn off the craft. But as it reach 10% and the alarm is on suddenly with no input on controller...the craft take off like 0.2m and fly itself and crashed!!!!luckily it crash on grass not on road...
Whats happened??????this is so dangerous...if my kid around there for sure the craft will hit him....
Dji please resolve this problem....i think it got to do with the battery i guess.with only 17 times of charge the battery life already reduce to 98%.
For the 1st issue like i said from the log message says error code 96.

but he just landed
then waste energy
then it's soul decided to go to hell
this is what happened, right?

Yup...thats sums all up. If i hover it higher for sure it wanted to move itself and crashed heavily so thats why i land it and let it sits there while it drain to 8%. I want to discharge the batt.funny thing is it moved by itself...'rise of the machine' perhaps....man it freaks me out...

Last edited:
Leaving it running on the ground, you risk the altimeter drifting causing the Phantom tp think it's flying again and taking corrective action or attempting to return to home.
When you land you should shut off the motors.

Leaving it running on the ground, you risk the altimeter drifting causing the Phantom tp think it's flying again and taking corrective action or attempting to return to home.
When you land you should shut off the motors.
Mmmm....sounds logical...If i wanted to on the motor on the ground then i must take off the props?

If i wanted to on the motor on the ground then i must take off the props?
It would be better to take the props off, turn your Phantom on (with the motors off), and let it run until it shuts off. Ideally, you'd want to do this in a cool place so it does not overheat.

It would be better to take the props off, turn your Phantom on (with the motors off), and let it run until it shuts off. Ideally, you'd want to do this in a cool place so it does not overheat.
thats the safest way for sure but how long will this take to drain out the batt?.have anybody done it?

Or you could fly up 100 feet set POI fly out 50 feet and go around and around at 20 mph, record video so you can play it back and make all your friends throw-up. In a little bit it will RTH cancel and fly around a little more it will RTH and battery will be at 10%

Or you could fly up 100 feet set POI fly out 50 feet and go around and around at 20 mph, record video so you can play it back and make all your friends throw-up. In a little bit it will RTH cancel and fly around a little more it will RTH and battery will be at 10%
The reason i didnt fly the craft high coz i suspect that my batt is goin to die...coz i notice ive charge more than 20 times but in app it shows 17.and when look at the cells...cell 1 and 4 drain more than cell 2 and 3.2 and 3 drain consistently but 1 and 4 unstabil.batt life shows 98%.symptoms are there...but after a full recharge battery life back to 100%. Is this normal?

There are 2 battery level warnings. A first and a 2nd one. Maybe the 2nd one makes it RTH no matter what, while the first warning allows you to cancel the rth

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There are 2 battery level warnings. A first and a 2nd one. Maybe the 2nd one makes it RTH no matter what, while the first warning allows you to cancel the rth

This can be the issue, right... It's better to wait just first alarm and then land the P3 soon after.

To discharge a 100% battery without running motors on, it takes 24h and more...
I let the motors run, with no propellers, to discharge last part of battery.

Hi there. I have another issue to highlight. Maybe this related to the 1st issue. Last nite i decided to discharge. Since the stock battery i suspect problem i hover as close as i can so that anything happened it will crash softly.reach to 30% level low warning so it prompt me to return home. So i cancel it.but it insists to land on its own....so i hover again and as the battery reach to 12% i land the craft and let the motors running at 10%.i was waiting to reach 8% to turn off the craft. But as it reach 10% and the alarm is on suddenly with no input on controller...the craft take off like 0.2m and fly itself and crashed!!!!luckily it crash on grass not on road...
Whats happened??????this is so dangerous...if my kid around there for sure the craft will hit him....
Dji please resolve this problem....i think it got to do with the battery i guess.with only 17 times of charge the battery life already reduce to 98%.
For the 1st issue like i said from the log message says error code 96.

You should only discharge to 8% around every 20 cycles, and I personally wouldn't do it with the props on. From what I've read, it's by design and the phantom has two low warning levels. The first one you can set in the app to sound alarm and warn you of a low battery, by default I believe it's 35%, a good point to start bringing the bird in close or home. The second one will automatically land the bird and I believe that level is 8 or 10%. It sounds like you let yours hit the critical low and it attempted to land itself but for some reason it didn't just descend but maybe tried to perform a RTH before descending. Just to be safe, if you're doing the complete discharge every 20 cycle thing, I would land the bird and remove the props at 15%, and then just let it sit while turned on (without engaging the motors) and let it drain the remaining power to 8%. It won't take long. Engage the simulator and it will even drain a little faster.

It was at low battery level. Mine tried to land yesterday buy itself when my battery was in single digits.

I'm not taking the props off. They are nice and snug and prolly stay like that.
Taking them off and putting them back on ..repeat ....repeat might lead to issues
Leave em on

cookiemonster_Kp_zpsgo2m7kvg.jpg

Reactions: wolfweb
I'm not taking the props off. They are nice and snug and prolly stay like that.
Taking them off and putting them back on ..repeat ....repeat might lead to issues
No it won't ... you can take props of and put them on and take them off etc, etc.
I've been doing it since April with the same props.
Just don't over tighten them. They only need to be done up finger tight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik