P3A stops abruptly

Reaction score
I have had the P3A for a few weeks now, and I've noticed that when I move the right stick to the middle after it being pushed slightly forward or backward, the drone stops abruptly. I try to move the stick to the middle gradually, but at a certain point, when the stick is close enough to the middle, the drone abruptly stops. I guess my question is just if this is ok for the drone. As long as the drone is fine, I'm ok with this. I would, however, like to be able to slow the drone down more gradually. Does anyone know any fixes for this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Its fine that's just the motor active braking effect it can look sharp/violent... its normal, you can tweek the setting to be softer/smoother, but as standard its quite abrupt. :)

I have had the P3A for a few weeks now, and I've noticed that when I move the right stick to the middle after it being pushed slightly forward or backward, the drone stops abruptly. I try to move the stick to the middle gradually, but at a certain point, when the stick is close enough to the middle, the drone abruptly stops. I guess my question is just if this is ok for the drone. As long as the drone is fine, I'm ok with this. I would, however, like to be able to slow the drone down more gradually. Does anyone know any fixes for this?

You can raise the sticks on your controller also. I've got mine all of the way up. It actually gives you a lot more control. Still though I do enjoy the quick stop :)

You can raise the sticks on your controller also. I've got mine all of the way up. It actually gives you a lot more control. Still though I do enjoy the quick stop :)

What do you mean "raise the sticks" on the controller?

You can do this but you can also reduce the effect in the GO app reduce by 10% at a time...to see if thats any better - go to under the "drone" icon - Main Controller Settings/Advanced Setting/Sensitivity/Brake

You can do this but you can also reduce the effect in the GO app reduce by 10% at a time...to see if thats any better - go to under the "drone" icon - Main Controller Settings/Advanced Setting/Sensitivity/Brake

It says I can adjust it anywhere from 70-130. Will taking it up towards 130 make it brake slower, or will taking it down towards 70 make it brake slower?

Lower is softer... 10% at a time see how it goes...

Lower is softer... 10% at a time see how it goes...

It lets me reduce it by 1% at a time. But 10% might be the best number anyway since I would probably see an actual difference.

90% should be better - remember its NOT a racing drone, so fly smoooooth its a flying camera!!

Reactions: Michael Stuart

When I first got my P3 I ordered a few things from UAV Bits and they very kindly sent me a set of stick extensions as a 'thanks for the order'. I really like them, after having used them I'd pay $8 to buy a set. Besides the height I also like the bigger 'pad' for control.

Joystick Extensions

Reactions: Reed L
If you put the drone in Atti mode there are no abrupt stops. In GPS mode, when the sticks are almost idle/in the middle, the drone tries to halt/full stop at the current GPS position.

Reactions: Michael Stuart
I have another question along these same lines. When I lower the drone to bring I back to me, it seems to wobble when I bring it down quickly. Is there a max descend mph that it would be a good idea to stay under, or does it not matter?

Bring it down more like a fixed wing craft than a helicopter. This will help with that a great deal. I like to comedown in a circle appropriate in size for the environment.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4