P3A Shaking while hovering

Reaction score
All,

I am at a loss. Recently my P3A has started shaking very noticeably while hovering. it is causing the gombal as camera to shake along with the aircraft which is causing a noticeable shake within the videos. I have tried IMU recalibration, compass recalibration, and replacing the props with brand new ones. I have tried flying on still days. Nothing has had an effect.

Has anyone else seen this issue? if so how did you correct it?

Thanks

The only crash was a bad landing into the side of an inflatable pool. No water damage and I killed the engines before impact. Not what I would call a hard crash. I am checking the motor mounts now. I am noticing some flex on the back arms and a little separation on the battery housing

take the propellers off and connect to rc. fire the motors and let it idle. look at the motors, listen to the motors. see if one in particular is vibrating, or making noise. I'd also check the motor mount screws to make sure they arent loose.

Ok Just checked the motor mounts. Appearently the back motors had some wiggle to them. Tightened them up. the back end seems a little stiffer. I will take Digdat0 advise and spin them up. if that passes I will perform a hover.

No motor noise without the props. performed a little hovering...it is dark out so about 7 feet off my front lawn with a flashlight. I will try again in the am. Looks like the shake is reduced. I will torque down the screws a little more and see if that helps.

I've had this issue after a crash. I noticed a small bend in one of the arms. One of the props was barely hitting the top of the drone when in flight. Dropped mine of for shell replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Make sure the motors spin freely, you could have a bent shaft in one. Balance the props and you can also check the vibration of each motor.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well I think I discovered the issue. looks like there is a fracture forming on one of the back arms and it looks like the rest of the back body is flexing. off to repairs it goes! Good thing I bought the DJI protection!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan