P3A settings for best, straight out of the camera, video?

Reaction score
I can find lots of info for the best settings for post processing video but nothing for getting the best results right out of the box. I have no desire to post process except for some clipping and stitching. Just seeking some advice on getting decent quality to display on my full HD tv set and on the computer. Specifically asking about the size, frame rate and color space. I will also appreciate any other advice except for "you need to post process"

Thanks. Past the size, frame rate and wb, I haven't found much there for straight out of the box.

As said, depending on cirucmstances:

And what if you don’t want to do the post-processing? Follow the steps here anyway but with 2 changes. 1) Don’t set the color settings to “LOG” but instead, choose the preset you like best. The preview will help you decide. 2) Don’t blindly change the Style settings to the recommended negative settings. Instead, change them up and down until you get to the point where you like the preview best.

My bad. I read it twice and missed the paragraph you quoted.
Hmm, so the best for sharpening, contrast and so on would be to start with the defaults and experiment from there.
I wonder, what are the settings most liked by users like me.

Hmm, so the best for sharpening, contrast and so on would be to start with the defaults and experiment from there.

Color profile "none" with sensitivity set to -2 should give good results out of the camera if no post processing is intended..

I have been shooting with profile "none" and I found the colors from video straight out of camera to be excellent (as seen by the naked eye).. I am using TacoRc ND filters and the colors are absolutely same as the default UV filter (ND4 to ND16).

The best results I have got so far (colors & video smoothness) were with appropriate ND filter attached to reduce the shutter speed, but leave exposure in Auto mode to let camera determine best exposure (especially if lighting variations occurring due to >180degree pan or tilt of the camera)..

However, I am struggling with moire issues (building windows & lines on the road) - even with ND filter adjusting the shutter speed to 1/50sec (25fps video).. It has gotten better since I reduced sensitivity setting to -2. Still I have some issues.. Planning a few more tests over the week before I start spamming the forum with videos of my moire issues..

A lot of it comes down to personal taste. I find all footage to be too sharp with default settings but there are other people that love it that way.

And thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the author so he can look at the article's layout.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj