P3A Repair and Makeover

Reaction score
Well I guess it was bound to happen but was hoping it wouldn't have been so soon! I had my first crash about a week ago, the winds above the tree line where I was standing must have been blowing a lot harder than I expected. Long story first, it could have been worse but also could have been better because I overshot my planned crash landing location by a few ft and landed on asphalt after doing some tree trimming.

I believe I was fairly lucky overall, the body was a complete loss but the gimble seems to be ok along with most everything else. I found that my center board compartment also broke in a few locations last night so I ordered a new one of those.

Since I was waiting on parts and I always have plastidip around I decided to spray the new shell black. I'll post some progress pictures in a little while.

Any damage to the board itself? Check all the ribbons and plugs on the board because they are quite expensive. I fix phantoms, if you want to take a decent pic of the top of the main board I'll have a look at it for you

Any damage to the board itself? Check all the ribbons and plugs on the board because they are quite expensive. I fix phantoms, if you want to take a decent pic of the top of the main board I'll have a look at it for you

I don't believe there was any damage to the board itself. Before tear down everything seemed to be functioning correctly, I even took off the props and tested the motors briefly.

I am usually pretty handy so I figured I'd give the rebuild a shot myself first-- I may be looking for your services in the next week or so though Haha. Thanks for the great offer of taking a look at the board, very nice of you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 309
I don't believe there was any damage to the board itself. Before tear down everything seemed to be functioning correctly, I even took off the props and tested the motors briefly.

I am usually pretty handy so I figured I'd give the rebuild a shot myself first-- I may be looking for your services in the next week or so though Haha. Thanks for the great offer of taking a look at the board, very nice of you.
Yeah you should be able to change the shell yourself, youtube will be your friend there. Its a bit fiddly taking the shell off but just take your time and allow a few hours. You'll gain some good knowledge about your phantom in the process.
Your board looks perfect just dint forget to plug your gps module back in before closing her back up ;)

Reactions: Droner412
Good luck and sorry about the crash. Been there. However, before you rush into painting and customizing, I would put 110% of my effort into making sure everything else is working as advertised!! Seriously!

WTF, I'm happy anytime i hear someone crashed but it didnt do much damage and it didnt bum em out, and ive got a lot of crashes under me with p2's!
My only (2) incidents w/p3 was both easy autolands in fields and both times the cheap made p3 potted metal gimbles got trashed!!
It amazes me first that mine got destroyed for the easy "crash" it took & (2) that some gimbles could crash and survive!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4