P3A remote on P3S bird

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question, will a P3A remote work on a P3S bird?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No it will not the circuit board on the standard is completely different from the board on the adv/pro

It will not because the P3 Pro/Advanced use Lightbridge instead of the Standard's hybrid 5.8 Ghz control/2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi FPV system.

The good news is you CAN get a P34K controller & it WILL work with your Standard. The P34K controller is virtually identical in appearance & functionality to the one included with the Pro/Advanced. Internally it uses the dual-band hybrid system of the Standard.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, will a P3A remote work on a P3S bird?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

M
It will not because the P3 Pro/Advanced use Lightbridge instead of the Standard's hybrid 5.8 Ghz control/2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi FPV system.

The good news is you CAN get a P34K controller & it WILL work with your Standard. The P34K controller is virtually identical in appearance & functionality to the one included with the Pro/Advanced. Internally it uses the dual-band hybrid system of the Standard.
so the p34k control has all the camera buttons and the toggle that will function for the standard?
o_O
I need that in my life :)

Does it work well?
I didn't hear p34k controller works to p3s not yet.

What can I get out of the P34K controller to use with my Standard? What are it's features? Better than the standard's? Thanks.

P34K controller being used with a P3 Standard. I don't see the radio for P34K listed on the DJI site
It would be great if someone could confirm or deny this.

I'm not sure it will work according to the specs on the advanced remote. Looks unlikely. Based solely on the 6000 mAh battery. Lots of voltage.
Specs below. But only for advance and pro. Could not find specs on 4K alone

A 2.4GHz remote controller for your Phantom 3 with a transmission range of up to 3.1 miles (5km).
Sensitive control sticks, dedicated buttons, and an ergonomic, comfortable design enable you easily control your aircraft and camera.
Built-in Lightbridge HD video downlink with USB output port that allows you see a live view of what your camera sees when using a compatible mobile device.
Powerful functions including dedicated photo and video buttons, camera tilt and settings controls, return to home, battery LED indicator, customizable buttons, and more.
Rechargeable LiPo battery for long-term use.
Built specifically for the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced.
Specs

Operating Frequency: 2.400GHz-2.483GHz
Max Distance: 3.1 miles (5 km)
Battery: 6000mAh LiPo 2S
Operating Temperature: 0°C- 40°C

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You get the style of the P3 Pro/Advanced controller with all of the extra buttons & bells & whistles. If I recall correctly its specs state it is a bit more powerful than the Standard controller too. I don't see the P34K controller listed as a standalone component on DJI yet so you'd have to check for someone selling one from a lost or crashed P34K.

What can I get out of the P34K controller to use with my Standard? What are it's features? Better than the standard's? Thanks.

Last edited:
You get the style of the P3 Pro/Advanced controller with all of the extra buttons & bells & whistles. If I recall correctly its specs state it is a bit more powerful than the Standard controller. I don't see the P34K controller listed as a standalone component on DJI yet so you'd have to check for someone selling once from a lost or crashed P34K.
thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic