P3A record just keeps turning off

Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-05-29-20-43-23.png
Screenshot_2016-05-29-20-43-12.png
Worked fine until this weekend, when pressing the red button sometimes you don't get the ping, then it pings 2 or 3 times and starts recording then stops after 2 seconds then starts again and 2 seconds stops again, managed to get it to stay on but after 1min it turned off again, when viewing the 2 second clips it's just a bunch of green flashes with black and white stripes and right toward the end the picture appears, what's gone wrong with my usually bullet proof P3A? Also noticed the dates are wrong on the clips, showing up as 13th December 2013

Last edited:
I was having problems with this too. Turned out the 64g Sandisk card I was using had **** the bed.

Ah OK if that's all it is then happy days, I'll try it later, mines a SanDisk extreme 64g, any other recommendations?

64g is a large capacity. I'd check to see how much of that you usually use at any given time.. for me on vacations I was lucky to break over 16g of media. I have a few 16g and a few 32g. For everyday around the home I use the 16g. On vacation I'll bring an extra 32g and a few 16g.

Point is - this may save you $$$ by not buying a 64g when you really may not need all that space.

Further more I believe in the 16g cards more so that if you fly on vacation and your bird takes a dump - you have at least SOME media if you go down to even 1 or 2 flights per memory card.

Reactions: Doink
I haven't got it to hand at the minute but what size was the one that comes with the drone? I know I filled it with a handful of clips and 20 or so pics so to avoid that in the future I just opted for the 64g, does it hurt going too big?

Factory was 16g

Too big doesn't hurt at all. I went the same route. But the cost difference.. I opted for a couple 16gb and a couple 32gb vs just one memory card at 64gb. In case one craps out, or again if I was on vacation and last flight after an 8 day trip the thing crashes in the ocean - all weeks worth of footage gone.

I re-used my 64g in my vehicles dash cam so all didn't go to waste. Even for my gopro I use just a 32g card

Reactions: Doink
One battery equals roughly 20 minutes which equals roughly 13 GB video (60 Mb/s).

So 16 GB SD is more than enough for one flight. If necessary, change the SD card when changing the battery.

Where are you getting 13gb at?

My test video on last vacation for 4:02 came out to 1.2gb. So lets say you did a FULL 20 minutes of flying - 1.2gb x 5 (4 minute blocks) = 6GB
That was 2.7k recording under MPEG-4 type file

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-30%20at%207.19.52%20AM_zpsf9ys7m4o.png

Formatted the card and all is well, thanks for all your advice, incidentally I had about 20 long videos all about 15 mins long and a right load of pictures and was only up to 17gb so 13gb for one 20min flight with video is puzzling

Where are you getting 13gb at?

Oh, sorry, I misremembered my recent calculation and wrote the ~13 GB/h that .dv files need. Sorry for the confusion.

The correct figures for P3P's 4K video are:

60 Mb/s =
7.5 MB/s =
0.0073 GB/s =
0.44 GB/min
8.8 GB/20min
11.0 GB/25min
26.4 GB/h

So 16 GB SD is more than enough for one flight.

Formatted the card and all is well, thanks for all your advice, incidentally I had about 20 long videos all about 15 mins long and a right load of pictures and was only up to 17gb so 13gb for one 20min flight with video is puzzling

I had same issue here while recording last two days, my question are...when you format the SDCard, using PC/Laptop or format from the DJI GO App...?, and before you format it, did you copy all the data on SDCard or leave it..?

Thanks b4... ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav