P3A rc won't charge iphone5c or ipad2 mini

Reaction score
when i first started flying my P3A it would charge either my iphone5c or ipad mini2 when connected to rc, did this for multiple flights then one day just stopped....i am and am continuing to use dji go app. any ideas/solutions? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
To my knowledge the RC has never had the ability to charge your device. Certainly never has for my iPhone 6 or iPad mini2 since day 1 which is normal behavior IMO.

Reactions: Romans109
I thought that too. When you connect the phone / ipad up you get the wee charging sound, but once my iphone went flat while flying. I don't think that it's a charging port. Android devices do get charged, I believe, but I don't have one myself.
Yep, the RC charges an android tablet or phone. I imagine the lack of apple charging is more due to apple than the RX (as in not an official apple $30 charger).

just strange cause it was charging for the first multiple flights then nothing

appreciate your help tho

I've used multiple iOS devices and to my knowledge it has never charged any of them. I fly for hours at a time and it has never charged any of my iOS devices. The "Sound" people hear is the connection confirmation sound (similar to the USB connected sound on Windows platforms).

I've used multiple iOS devices and to my knowledge it has never charged any of them. I fly for hours at a time and it has never charged any of my iOS devices. The "Sound" people hear is the connection confirmation sound (similar to the USB connected sound on Windows platforms).
i remember watching older YouTube videos back when the dji pilot app was being used and some people were asked "trust device" after opening app while the ios charger cord being used and it charged it so idk

Reactions: BigAl07
i remember watching older YouTube videos back when the dji pilot app was being used and some people were asked "trust device" after opening app while the ios charger cord being used and it charged it so idk

While I can see where in some instances that would be a plus to charge the device from the Tx keep in mind this would be at the expense of the Tx capacity which is not easily/quickly recharged. I can toss my iOS device on a USB charger and be operational again quickly but the Tx takes a good bit longer to recharge.

While I can see where in some instances that would be a plus to charge the device from the Tx keep in mind this would be at the expense of the Tx capacity which is not easily/quickly recharged. I can toss my iOS device on a USB charger and be operational again quickly but the Tx takes a good bit longer to recharge.
yesir the whole thing puzzles me because when i flew the first multiple flights the rc charged my iOS devices just fine then as if someone turned off a switch, no more after that

I was just flying using a Nvidia Shield k1 and only had 7% when I started... then the tablet died. Ran out of battery. I, too, thought the RC would charge the tablet. lesson learned. Just glad it was still in sight so i was able to land it safely/

I just checked the output of my RC while connected to my iPhone. It shows. .07 amps. Hardly enough to charge an iPad.

Sagebrush

When I use my iPad Air 2 on my P3P then I never hear any chime but everytime I connect my iPhone 6 I hear the charge chime and a symbol of it charging but then after a millisecond it stops...

So maybe it was that you just heard the charge chime but it never actually charged and now you don't even hear the chime?

My Nexus 7 indicates charging when the usb cable is first plugged into the controller, but I think firing up the DJI app disables any charging. It makes sense, since battery power for the RC is more important then for your mobile device. You can still control the Phantom with a dead mobile device, but a fully charged mobile device that vampired all the power from the RC, while the bird is in the air, would probably be a bigger issue.

Reactions: JimCroce
My Nexus 7 indicates charging when the usb cable is first plugged into the controller, but I think firing up the DJI app disables any charging. It makes sense, since battery power for the RC is more important then for your mobile device. You can still control the Phantom with a dead mobile device, but a fully charged mobile device that vampired all the power from the RC, while the bird is in the air, would probably be a bigger issue.
That makes perfect sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik