P3A questions

Reaction score
Sorry title is wrong it's a P3S not a P3A sorry about that
My boyfriend had been saying for months he wanted a drone, so after tons of research on drones, I got him the phantom 3 standard for Christmas, as DJI seemed to be the most recommended. after opening the box and not seeing much info we found a manual online, downloaded it, and read it, watched lots of tutorials and even went through lots of posts on here looking for info, we are now stuck at imu calibration, we have the gps calibration done, done firmware update reinstalled DJI app, did iPhone updates and he has an iPhone 6. but now we are doing/ have been doing IMU calibration for over half an hour...sitting at 0% whole time....is this normal? What we wanna know is
1) is this a normal amount of time
2)Can we stop the calibration and restart it
3)should we be doing this outside
Please if someone can help before the battery dies lol we were fully charged when starting calibration so hope that won't be a problem

Update
Um.....so we just flew in the house lol we put the DJI go app on the iPad and everything worked awesome, it just won't work on his iPhone6 We realized that the iPhone wasn't connecting to the phantom wifi if that makes sense, so we did everything on the iPad and we flew lol no calibration needed just turned it on and off she went, so we took her out to the park and are uploading or first video lol will share link when it's done thanks for the help, if anyone can let us know why it wouldn't work on his iPhone 6 that would be awesome

Last edited:
And dont bump it or touch it. It needs to be on a perfectly level surface as well.

May need a controller update (Done through DJI go).

My boyfriend had been saying for months he wanted a drone, so after tons of research on drones, I got him the phantom 3 standard for Christmas, as DJI seemed to be the most recommended. after opening the box and not seeing much info we found a manual online, downloaded it, and read it, watched lots of tutorials and even went through lots of posts on here looking for info, we are now stuck at imu calibration, we have the gps calibration done, done firmware update reinstalled DJI app, did iPhone updates and he has an iPhone 6. but now we are doing/ have been doing IMU calibration for over half an hour...sitting at 0% whole time....is this normal? What we wanna know is
1) is this a normal amount of time
2)Can we stop the calibration and restart it
3)should we be doing this outside
Please if someone can help before the battery dies lol we were fully charged when starting calibration so hope that won't be a problem

should not be done near metal. any plumbing, rebar, or screws in floor under the drone? outside is just easier to eliminate those objects.

I think you may stop the operation safely.

I'm off to the rat race... I mean work , but will look here later to see you post that it went all well and he is now enjoying the fantastic tool we call Phantom 3.

K we just stopped calibration and took out the battery and placed both drone and battery outside as it cool here, will do an RC update and post our progress, thanks a lot

No, that's not normal. The process normally takes about 5-10 minutes to complete. You can stop it and restart it. Do the calibration inside on a completely level surface.

should not be done near metal. any plumbing, rebar, or screws in floor under the drone? outside is just easier to eliminate those objects.
Yeah we just shut everything down, gonna do remote update and then try again when it's cooled down and we get her outside, we live on the 4th floor of a condo building, gps calibration wouldn't even work outside our building so we will try the IMU where we did the GPS calibration

You should do the IMU calibration inside. It's going to be tough to find a completely level surface outside.

You should do the IMU calibration inside. It's going to be tough to find a completely level surface outside.
K thanks for the video we already watched that one lol and we will try again inside just to be on level surface

Um.....so we just flew in the house lol we put the DJI go app on the iPad and everything worked awesome, it just won't work on his iPhone6 We realized that the iPhone wasn't connecting to the phantom wifi if that makes sense, so we did everything on the iPad and we flew lol no calibration needed just turned it on and off she went, so we took her out to the park and are uploading or first video lol will share link when it's done thanks for the help, if anyone can let us know why it wouldn't work on his iPhone 6 that would be awesome

We realized that the iPhone wasn't connecting to the phantom wifi if that makes sense
Were you seeing the message below? If so, that's working as designed and it means you've successfully connected. The P3S remote controller is not able to connect to the Internet (hence the message in iOS).

e40771dd9cfa7dc1c34fa400de760b32.jpg

Thanks will try to get it all connected! But he went out with the IPad last light and got this for his first flight lol I was iffy on night flying but it's a great view

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj