P3A questions and range issues

Reaction score
I picked up a P3A last night off craigslist, it flies great but the range seems pretty weak. I have tried flying down the road no more than probably an 1/8 -1/4 mile at most and the signal gets weak and turns red. I am above the treeline, probably 100 feet or so when this happens. I have the antennas spread out and am facing the general direction. Today has been a cloudy day, not sure if this has an affect. I have also tried setting the home point when I fly and it says it can not be set, I am in the p-gps mode. I havent imported the videos or pics yet but when looking on an ipad, they do not looks very good. The video is set at 1080p/30 fps and the pics are on auto in 4:3.

I looke don the site but couldnt find any desktop software, I had a P2 and there was software for that. Is there nothing similar for the P3A or does the DJI Go app take place of it?

Range will vary depending on environment. Flying over water or sparsely populated open (& flat) country will yield much greater range than flying over densely populated urban areas. Always maintain a clear LOS between antenna & aircraft. Tree branches & leaves greatly reduce range, especially pine needles. Maintain sufficient altitude that they don't come between you and the aircraft. Also your antenna should be parallel to each other with the long side facing the aircraft. A Windsurfer parabolic antenna add-on is a low-cost means to extend your range.

The DJI Go app is the P3 equivalent of the P2 desktop software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj