P3A Point of Interest not working on Ipad Mini 4

Reaction score
I recently purchased a P3A and a Ipad Mini 4 WiFi only. I cannot get the point of interest to initialize. I turn the toggle to F and nothing happens. Yes it is enabled in the settings.
I called DJI and they said it's because ipad mini 4 is not a supported device.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

You are in the air when you try to initialize Intelligent Flight Modes right? Not sitting at idle on the ground. Correct?

Even though the Ipad 4 WiFi is not one of DJI's approved or recommended tablets it will still work great! Many people use Ipad 2 and higher for some great results. I'm one of them. Ipad 2 WiFi and Cellular . No issues. I bet I can turn off Cellular data and fly in Intelligent Flight modes.

I recently purchased a P3A and a Ipad Mini 4 WiFi only. I cannot get the point of interest to initialize. I turn the toggle to F and nothing happens. Yes it is enabled in the settings.
I called DJI and they said it's because ipad mini 4 is not a supported device.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
It's not unusual for DJI customer service to give out completely inaccurate information. The Mini 4 is a great device for the Phantom.

Are you at the minimum altitude before trying to engage the flight modes? I think it's 5m high before it will work.

Do you have the button on the left side of the App? That's totally weird. I would remove and reinstall the DJI GO app as it is a simple endeavor.

So when I have my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone it works perfectly and the firmware is shown for the App, Controller, and Aircraft in the "About" section.
When I attempt to use the iPad mini 4 I have no firmware shown in the Aircraft or Controller. And Intelligent Flight modes do Not work. I debating on just taking the mini 4 back to store and downgrading to mini 3. This just doesn't make sence.

I was afraid of that. The latest IOS version must have a compatability issue with the latest revision of the DJI Go app. Thank goodness I did not upgrade my Ipad Mini 2 to the latest IOS version. As such my Ipad Mini 2 works great with the most current DJI Go app.

Your Ipad Mini 4 must have come with the latest IOS and thats where the incompatablity is.

You could actually downgrade your IOS version on the Ipad mini and use the previous one to the current and that may offer resolution.

Here is a link that may be helpful with that endeavor http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-downgrade-ios-9-3-to-an-older-version-1767689167

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers