P3A pixelation in video.

Reaction score
Hi.

I haven't been flying that long and I'm no professional camera guy. Just a happy amateur.. That being said I can confess I don't know what half of the settings do so mainly I've used auto in video settings. However my issue is probably not related to auto or manual setting anyway. Normally the video quality is very good but sporadically I get a lot of pixelation. A weird camera setting would probably just give me bad light, colors and poor focus. Not pixelation right? I'm shooting in 1080/60 and even if auto isn't the best setting I kinda expected more from this camera to be honest. Seems like the camera is struggling the most when shooting a forest or landscapes with bushes and grass. Interesting to hear from more experienced people if there is something I can do to improve the quality?

Unfortunately I can't upload a sample video at the moment.

Are you looking at the video saved off the SD card or the video cached off the tablet?

It shouldn't be pix elated...did you try another recording setting like 2K and view it in VLC or a player just to see if it's the camera?

It shouldn't be pix elated...did you try another recording setting like 2K and view it in VLC or a player just to see if it's the camera?
Good thinking. No I haven't. The problem though Is that it's very sporadic. Ben flying at the same place a few more times and it doesn't happen every time. Should maybe say that it's during sunrise at the beach and there is a lot going on in the "scene". Waves moving and many trees. Could it just be that the frame rate i's to slow for this? It seems like it happens when I've first been flying in to the sun and then turn around and fly back. The problem occurs after I've turned around so I guess the lighting conditions are pretty much optimal?! Very disturbing and quite bad if it can't handel the video settings it's developed with. I mean it's not a cheap flimsy piece of equipment. But on another subject I'm also getting "signal lost" and "disconnected" very often so I'm starting to lose fate... All this kinda takes the fun out of the experience.

Your sd card may not have a fast enough writing speed. Make sure it is a sport one that would have a write speed preferably 60mb/s or greater.

Your sd card may not have a fast enough writing speed. Make sure it is a sport one that would have a write speed preferably 60mb/s or greater.
I'm using Sandisk extrem. Last U3 model and it has 60mb writing. It's good for 4K on my GoPro. Could a different hardware "write" in a different way? I'm out of my depth on this but it would be interesting to know...

Only the Sandisk Ultra is recommended by DJI but I personally found that to smell bad news so I upgraded to this because it was good enough for the GoPro...

I think you could be in the same situation I'm currently in. I had actually complained to support and the sent me a RMA. But I have since decided I'm going to try and fix this issue on my own rather then sending it in and missing out on all the seasonal foliage.

Anyway, try these three test.
While recording, use a non metallic object possibly a pencil or something smaller, and lightly press around on the 2 wire harnesses on the top of the main gimbal plate. You can move the wire some as well as the plugs. Do this and watch the video back to see if there was any resolution changes.
Next try the same thing, except this time remove the props and test after starting with the motors running.

Next there is 3 places you can check the ribbon cable around camera and gimbal. There is 2 plug connections and 1 spot at the top of gimbal arm you check for movement. You are checking these areas by using light pressure while recording. You again can do this while the motors are started and running.
Also while the motors are running and make sure you are recording, here you will want to rotate the aircraft around...keeping the camera level. And last thing before stopping is to set the aircraft down after the rotation test, and scroll up and down with thumb wheel on R/C while motors are spinning.

Do these test and let me know if there is any interference in the video at any point. If there is, I will be glad to share the next step.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.