P3A/P Maps Updating

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is there a way to force the DJI ap (I'm assuming it uses Google maps?) to use a more recent map? The reason I say this is because the map is at least 2 years old. I've been in my house for 18 months now and it took us 8 to build it. The current map shows our neighborhood before we moved the first load of dirt. A lot has changed just in our neighborhood and frankly I'd just like to see a more current map.

Any suggestions or is it a case of "No Can Do"?

No can do :(

Depends on your mobile device if it uses Google or Apple Maps. IOS = Apple. The Apple maps around my home location are at least 2 years old.

Is there a way to force the DJI ap (I'm assuming it uses Google maps?) to use a more recent map?
I'm not sure when/how the app gets to use the latest map imagery but in an area near me, the DJI app map is the latest and is less than 3 months old. That's using Android.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm not sure when/how the app gets to use the latest map imagery but in an area near me, the DJI app map is the latest and is less than 3 months old. That's using Android.
I started looking around and realized it's not just within the Ap. It's Google Earth period so I sent a report in to their tech support (found that process online). Maybe they'll do an inquiry and an update soon.

DJI go app uses built in APIs to get the maps and cache them before using them. If you are map expert, you can modify the cache to get your maps updated but it would be temp as cache can be cleared too.

If you are map expert, you can modify the cache to get your maps updated
The OP's problem is that the map images are outdated at the source.

the Google map for my house shows a car in the driveway i traded two years ago

Does it really matter if the maps are not updated? While flying we need to know major location points on the maps and not every detail.

Solving maps problem is another problem and should not be a real bottleneck in flying.

If you wanted to setup a waypoint flight over some nearby structures that were recently built and the map you are using is 2 years old that's a problem. That being said, google maps is updated at least once a year in rural Michigan where I live. I can tell what Time of the year it is by the crops in the pics.

Does anyone know how long maps stay cached in the go app? Indefinitely? I'm caching every place I might travel to world wide in case I prefer to stay on this firmware for good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20