P3A or Autel Robotics X-Star?

Reaction score
I'm selling my P3S, and until yesterday, I was planning to get the P3A to replace it, because that was the best bang for your buck drone I could find. However, yesterday, I found the Autel Robotics X-star and X-star premium. I can't afford the X-star premium so it's down to the P3A and X-star.

I care somewhat about range (1.2 mi P3A, .62 mi X-star), video quality (don't care about 4K, but I care that X-star can do 1080p at 120fps while P3A can do 1080p at 60fps, so X-star could take some nice slo-mo shots), video transmission signal (Lightbridge P3A, WiFi X-star), jello/how easy it is to fix, reliability (DJI has many many more users, but the reviews on the X-star make me think that it may actually be more reliable), customer service (big advantage Autel), and more.

I couldn't care less that Autel "copied" DJI, I just want the better drone for me.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mate if you were getting the Premium it would be a different decision but to compare wifi and lightbridge i think you will be disappointed. Even though DJI can be a pain in the arse buy it from a local dealer that way if you do have any problems you have a local contact. The P3A is a good unit and the X-Star Premium is also a good choice, i have both and the x-star takes brilliant photos. Cheers

I'm selling my P3S, and until yesterday, I was planning to get the P3A to replace it, because that was the best bang for your buck drone I could find. However, yesterday, I found the Autel Robotics X-star and X-star premium. I can't afford the X-star premium so it's down to the P3A and X-star.
If you are looking at wifi vs Lightbridge, it no contest ... Lightbridge is many times better than wifi.
I care somewhat about range (1.2 mi P3A, .62 mi X-star) ... (DJI has many many more users, but the reviews on the X-star make me think that it may actually be more reliable), customer service (big advantage Autel), and more.
Check the Advanced specs again, they go much further than you think.
Max Transmission Distance: Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant.​

Be careful with reviews. Are they true reviews or re they selling reviews.
Do they properly compare against what else is out there?
Is the reviewer experienced in what else is out there?

It would be hard to find a more reliable drone than the P3 Advanced
As for customer service, DJI's is better than the reputation it got earlier when the company grew faster than CS could keep up.
One last thing ... look at the camera.
I don't know about the X-star but the X-star premium has barrel distortion that will bow any straight line except one that passes through the centre.

well I have both but I would get a p3a if I couldn't have a x star premium do I think x star is better yes but I rather have the distance that wifi doesn't provide

Don't know about x star but P3A definitely flies well. In case you are going for x Star, buy Orange one :)

Go Autel Premium. ...on special here in Canada on amazon at 899.00. Best package deal with great case and 64gig card. I have P3A and very happy with it. Why not extra machine!

Reactions: flpholt
Go Autel Premium. ...on special here in Canada on amazon at 899.00. Best package deal with great case and 64gig card. I have P3A and very happy with it. Why not extra machine!

Ah, too late. I snagged the P3A from Amazon at $600 a few days ago. Today, the Autel premium dropped to $674 for a few hours on Amazon which is insane... but, I'm very happy with the P3A, and it has better range.

Reactions: m0j0
Ah, too late. I snagged the P3A from Amazon at $600 a few days ago. Today, the Autel premium dropped to $674 for a few hours on Amazon which is insane... but, I'm very happy with the P3A, and it has better range.

no it doesnt

Does Autel have Litchi, Autopilot or a third party app. Is it open source so 3rd party applications can be developed? I'm curious... That would tip the scale for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought it was 1.2 mi vs 3ish mi.

That's what mine does .... I've gone 3.5 mi.

That's what mine does .... 3 ish

That's with your P3A right? And the Autel X-Star Premium can only go 1.2 mi, so the P3A does have better range.

autel look at distance
Starlink_20160710_101419_Manual_Moment(3).jpg

Ok, and that's with no mods or anything? I've heard a lot of people say they only get 0.9 mi or 1 mi. Plus, P3A is about 3 mi so that would still be a little more.

no mods there 1.2 is just what they say it goes a lot more than that my p3a with dbs mod didn't even get as far as my stock autel if that helps you out

no mods there 1.2 is just what they say it goes a lot more than that my p3a with dbs mod didn't even get as far as my stock autel if that helps you out

Interesting. Well, it's too late for me but I'm sure others appreciate this information.

Reactions: flpholt
I'm in the same boat, getting ready to trade up out of a P3S. I hesitated on the P3A lightning deal, and hadn't done enough research to react to the XSP deal. It's enough of an investment that I hesitate with the XSP... has it really been proven? Certainly not the same extent as the P3A.

I'm in the same boat, getting ready to trade up out of a P3S. I hesitated on the P3A lightning deal, and hadn't done enough research to react to the XSP deal. It's enough of an investment that I hesitate with the XSP... has it really been proven? Certainly not the same extent as the P3A.
cant go wrong with x star plus I heard starting july 15 you get 2 batterys with it still checking on that

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4